bosox's NFL Mock Draft: Updated 3/30

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Speculation is a one gap and Bunkley is exactly what a team would look for in a 3-4 nose, especially a 1-gap team. He is a great anchor at the POA and also has the burst to disrupt in the backfield. His job will not be glamorous and we need somebody to rotate with him, but he is a solid option from the get-go.

We also Hicks who could play nose but Hicks will see most of his snaps as the 5-tech, he is not a two-gap guy, despite his size. But he should really thrive in this type of 3-4. And then you have Cam Jordan who is much better suited for this defense, I think he could be a pro bowler.

Tyrunn Walker and Tom Johnson both project as DE's in this defense. Johnson is a great rotational option at the 5-tech. Walker showed some penetrative ability last preseason, so I'd like to see what he can do there. I would not spend a draft pick on anyone who projects as a DE, but we do need to find some depth at nose, either through the draft or FA.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Bunk seems like a 3-4 DE to me, but I guess its not too different from Floyd. Sharrif is a bit bigger and more of a run stuffer than Bunkley, but yeah

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
had to edit that first post... butchered the hell out of it.

Steez

Reaction score
If the Bills WERE to go QB, I'd want it to be Geno, but I really don't think any QB this year is worth the 8th pick. Would rather go WR or LB.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's dead set on the Saints taking a DL even though that's probably what we need the least.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
You can't run a 3-4 without a NT

Rice18

I'm emotionally vested in me.
Reaction score
You can't run a 3-4 without a NT
You also can move players to play NT. No reason to draft a player who wont be all that good at the position when you can do that with just moving someone to play it.

Randy Starks is a free agent that comes to mind when I think of the NT position.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I know it's nearly impossible to predict trades in mock drafts, but I can't see Geno falling out of the top 5. Someone will move up to get him.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I know it's nearly impossible to predict trades in mock drafts, but I can't see Geno falling out of the top 5. Someone will move up to get him.
who?

KC doesn't need
JAC's interest is for the possible trade, they have no intention of drafting Geno when they need to fix the defense
OAK needs interior line help more than a QB
PHI has QBs, and Fisher is better too (need a RT)
DET has Stafford

CLE is the wrong fit for Geno, they won't trade up.
ARI doesn't want a QB in the 1st
BUF wants him, but I don't see the need to trade up from 8 to 2 or 3 because that's surrendering other assets they need later on a G or LB
NYJ isn't a logical trade up either

I just don't see it

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Like I said, it's nearly impossible to predict.

My best guess would be Buffalo. They start to feel the heat, and move up to make sure nobody else pulls the trigger on their guy.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Added in some trades in my newest mock

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%