Bosox's Mock Draft

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Fairly close to Blackmon.

Only major differences is that Blackmon has body catches, which is a negative, and he never showed any major signs of being sloppy in the routes he ran (mostly because they were not challenging in the slightest)
Blackmons routes are sloppy though, he's not a great route runner.

Even though all he does is slants.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Koren Robinson (at NC State... pretty confident in Blackmon playing as least as good competition) had 15 TDs in his 2 seasons, with 110 catches.

Blackmon had 121 catches and 18 TDs last year alone... Hell, the year before he had 111 and 20 TDs.

I'm not saying production is the be-all-end-all of prospect evaluation, but there is something to be said for that level of production. You can't compare Robinson, who was a one hit wonder, to Blackmon just because they have similar measurables.

As far as a player comparison, I see a lot of Reggie Wayne in Blackmon, except I think Blackmon is a better red zone threat. I think his stats will be very similar to what we saw out of Wayne.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Koren Robinson (at NC State... pretty confident in Blackmon playing as least as good competition) had 15 TDs in his 2 seasons, with 110 catches.

Blackmon had 121 catches and 18 TDs last year alone... Hell, the year before he had 111 and 20 TDs.

I'm not saying production is the be-all-end-all of prospect evaluation, but there is something to be said for that level of production. You can't compare Robinson, who was a one hit wonder, to Blackmon just because they have similar measurables.

As far as a player comparison, I see a lot of Reggie Wayne in Blackmon, except I think Blackmon is a better red zone threat. I think his stats will be very similar to what we saw out of Wayne.
Robinson played in a harder conference facing better defenses and IDT he was in a spread offense like Blackmon was.

Throw the stats out the window kid.

Timmy Chang > Peyton Manning In your eyes.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score

Wayne had Peyton Manning throwing to him.
Blackmon has Bradford/Gabbert throwing to him

dang, kam beat me to the Peyton reference

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Robinson played in a harder conference facing better defenses and IDT he was in a spread offense like Blackmon was.

Throw the stats out the window kid.

Timmy Chang > Peyton Manning In your eyes.
Ok I'm gonna assume you didn't understand what be all end all means since you likely didn't even graduate high school... It means that it's not the only thing or the last thing to judge.

I didn't say stats were the reason why he was better, but to compare him to Robinson is retarded. I haven't seen you mention Blackmon's stats once. Yeah spread offense, easy conference, blah blah... So how come he set all of these records and was far and away the best receiver in college football these past two historic seasons? I'm sure he didn't play in the easiest conference in the league, nor did he have the best QB, or most pass-friendly offense... Why did he dominate then?

36 passes thrown to him in the red zone, 30 catches.

To bosox: really, Peyton was on the Colts with Wayne? I'm not a fucking idiot, clearly not what I meant. I'm saying look at his stats, and pencil them in for Blackmon in about 3 years.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Ok I'm gonna assume you didn't understand what be all end all means since you likely didn't even graduate high school... It means that it's not the only thing or the last thing to judge.

I didn't say stats were the reason why he was better, but to compare him to Robinson is retarded. I haven't seen you mention Blackmon's stats once. Yeah spread offense, easy conference, blah blah... So how come he set all of these records and was far and away the best receiver in college football these past two historic seasons? I'm sure he didn't play in the easiest conference in the league, nor did he have the best QB, or most pass-friendly offense... Why did he dominate then?

36 passes thrown to him in the red zone, 30 catches.

To bosox: really, Peyton was on the Colts with Wayne? I'm not a fucking idiot, clearly not what I meant. I'm saying look at his stats, and pencil them in for Blackmon in about 3 years.
The shit your saying BLAH BLAH BLAH about.. is the reason why his stats are what they are.

SPREAD OFFENSE. EASY COMPETITION. Its not like he's playing in the Sec or Acc. & Reggie Wayne? LMFAO. More like Michael Crabtree. Blackmon is nowhere near wayne. NOWHERE.

& Why haven't I mentioned stats? BECAUSE THEY DONT MATTER. Ability and upside is what gets you drafted, not stats.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
You clearly dont get my point then.

Peyton Manning helps out his receivers numbers so much. There is a reason Wayne had his worst season last year since 03 (sub 1000 yards, 75 rec).

If you think Blackmon can get a 100 rec, 1200 yards, 10 TD season in 3 years, you are crazy.

Unless you are referring to Waynes production in his 1st 3 years... where he got around 50 catches for 700 yards and 6 TDs. Thats not Top 10 WR numbers at all

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The shit your saying BLAH BLAH BLAH about.. is the reason why his stats are what they are.

SPREAD OFFENSE. EASY COMPETITION. Its not like he's playing in the Sec or Acc. & Reggie Wayne? LMFAO. More like Michael Crabtree. Blackmon is nowhere near wayne. NOWHERE.

& Why haven't I mentioned stats? BECAUSE THEY DONT MATTER. Ability and upside is what gets you drafted, not stats.
So go ahead and field a team with Bruce Campbell, Rondel Menendez, Justin Ernest, Gerald Sensabaugh, Scott Starks, Vernon Gholston, etc......

Production clearly matters. OBVIOUSLY you factor in ability, upside, fit in your scheme, etc... But I'd rather have a football player than a workout warrior.

This is useless though, I can bring you in a time machine and show you that Blackmon will be a 1200+ yard receiver 3 years from now and you'll still want to argue and won't admit you were wrong. You believe what you want, just know that as always you'll be wrong.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You clearly dont get my point then.

Peyton Manning helps out his receivers numbers so much. There is a reason Wayne had his worst season last year since 03 (sub 1000 yards, 75 rec).

If you think Blackmon can get a 100 rec, 1200 yards, 10 TD season in 3 years, you are crazy.

Unless you are referring to Waynes production in his 1st 3 years... where he got around 50 catches for 700 yards and 6 TDs. Thats not Top 10 WR numbers at all
And you clearly don't get mine.

Maybe Wayne is just a little bit old? I didn't discredit Peyton or anything, I did not walk to talk about Peyton at all... I said that physically he reminds me of Wayne but a better red zone target. Also said to look at his stats and that's what I'll see from Blackmon. No Peyton Manning mentioned by me.

80 rec, 1200 yards, 10 TD will be numbers you'll see out of Blackmon by year 4 and going forward.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
So go ahead and field a team with Bruce Campbell, Rondel Menendez, Justin Ernest, Gerald Sensabaugh, Scott Starks, Vernon Gholston, etc......

Production clearly matters. OBVIOUSLY you factor in ability, upside, fit in your scheme, etc... But I'd rather have a football player than a workout warrior.

This is useless though, I can bring you in a time machine and show you that Blackmon will be a 1200+ yard receiver 3 years from now and you'll still want to argue and won't admit you were wrong. You believe what you want, just know that as always you'll be wrong.
How are you going to call somebody wrong? When anything is possible. I hope the Jaguars do select Blackmon because we need a WR and he can do the type of routes we run (Slants) .

However, I think you and TTN and overrating him with his dick in your mouths.

& No, Ability and Upside doesn't = Workout Warrior.

Bruce Campbell was too stiff (Knock on ability)
Gerald Sensabaugh was a 5th round pick, and a solid safety.
Scott Starts was far from a workout warrior.
Vernon Gholston simply doesn't have ability to play DE.

You just keep getting more retarded as this topic carries on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%