2011 NFL Draft Prospect Thread

Mooche

Reaction score
Browns gonna be up there in the playoff race next year. I think they should trade up and grab Julio.
They will definitely look for a target. Colt needs some more pieces to chuck the ball to in Cleveland.

Reaction score
They will definitely look for a target. Colt needs some more pieces to chuck the ball to in Cleveland.
Would you pass up on a Tackle for Stephen Paea? I can't decide, but I'm leaning towards a huge difference maker like I think Paea could end up being.

Mooche

Reaction score
Would you pass up on a Tackle for Stephen Paea? I can't decide, but I'm leaning towards a huge difference maker like I think Paea could end up being.
It all depends on our situation heading into April. I am going to be interested to see what kind of moves Polian makes.. I really, really hope we can keep Charlie at LT.

Reaction score
It all depends on our situation heading into April. I am going to be interested to see what kind of moves Polian makes.. I really, really hope we can keep Charlie at LT.
We gotta show the money to Addai and Mathis first.

Mooche

Reaction score
I really hope Mathis doesn't go and <Censored> about money. I think he deserves to get paid, but really, there is no need to claim for super HIGH money. He didn't show up in the Super Bowl, and Dwight with one foot, did. It just speaks volumes how much Freeney does open the door for Robert.

Paea is going to be a good player though. Keep your eye on him man.

Reaction score
I really hope Mathis doesn't go and <Censored> about money. I think he deserves to get paid, but really, there is no need to claim for super HIGH money. He didn't show up in the Super Bowl, and Dwight with one foot, did. It just speaks volumes how much Freeney does open the door for Robert.

Paea is going to be a good player though. Keep your eye on him man.
Defo he ain't a top DE that deserves Top DE money, but hes big to our team.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You guys keep forgetting about this uncapped year we are about to head into. Hearing that the NFL is about to be uncapped would lead many to believe that players about to paid some ridiculous dough...however its only having the adverse effect. Too much uncertainty regarding future labor negotiations and no NFL teams want to potentially screw themselves over (down the road) by handing out huge deals and lengthy deals right now.

This is going to be the worst offseason to be an NFL free agent and I expect a lot of franchise tags and 1-year deal re-signs.

Mooche

Reaction score
Yeah... but you know he is going to want a pretty coin. I hope Mathis just settles for a good price, and we call it a day, but usually it doesn't work out like that.

Oiler35

Reaction score
Or do a deal that over-pays him to hell in the first year, and calms down for the other few years?

Mooche

Reaction score
Or do a deal that over-pays him to hell in the first year, and calms down for the other few years?
Maybe. But it's tough if we are going to throw Peyton all the money he wants.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Jets are probably looking at the D-Line. Jenkins can't stay healthy and Ellis is getting up there in age a bit and the sacks just aren't there anymore. Maybe look for a safety too and then just draft depth.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Jags are taking a QB next year, everybody knows it, its so damn obvious. Its already gotten to the point where all they talk about on Radio shows with the GM and HC is QBs in next years draft.

Mooche

Reaction score
Jags are taking a QB next year, everybody knows it, its so damn obvious. Its already gotten to the point where all they talk about on Radio shows with the GM and HC is QBs in next years draft.
I would honestly be stunned if you guys don't pick up a project type of QB this year. It's funny, just last year I remember all the Tebow to the Jags hype -- man, did that ever get blown up into something.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
I would honestly be stunned if you guys don't pick up a project type of QB this year. It's funny, just last year I remember all the Tebow to the Jags hype -- man, did that ever get blown up into something.
LOL.
The Tebow hype was nothing, a reporter asked Wayne Weaver if we had interest in drafting Tebow. Wayne gave a basic response any Owner would, we was never interested in him. Reports was after the draft that we had him rated as low as a 5th rounder. I've heard that the Jags are however inlove with Ryan Mallet and Andrew Luck and have interest in Stephen Garcia, Cam Newton, and Christian Ponder.

A QB will come in the 1st 2 rounds of the draft this year, Garrard even though hes had good games this year, the front office just doesn't feel comfortable.

Gene Smith will solidify himself as a top 5 GM this offseason also.. hes had impressive drafts in his 1st 2 years.

Mooche

Reaction score
LOL.
The Tebow hype was nothing, a reporter asked Wayne Weaver if we had interest in drafting Tebow. Wayne gave a basic response any Owner would, we was never interested in him. Reports was after the draft that we had him rated as low as a 5th rounder. I've heard that the Jags are however inlove with Ryan Mallet and Andrew Luck and have interest in Stephen Garcia, Cam Newton, and Christian Ponder.

A QB will come in the 1st 2 rounds of the draft this year, Garrard even though hes had good games this year, the front office just doesn't feel comfortable.

Gene Smith will solidify himself as a top 5 GM this offseason also.. hes had impressive drafts in his 1st 2 years.
What team who needs a QB is not in love with Luck? Hah. He is definitely one of the most sought after prospects in the draft this year.

As for Tebow, it was made a huge deal, but that is the power of the media. I mean, you had the Patriots taking him for dinner and stuff, it was all about creating a smoke screen for other teams to overvalue him.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
What team who needs a QB is not in love with Luck? Hah. He is definitely one of the most sought after prospects in the draft this year.

As for Tebow, it was made a huge deal, but that is the power of the media. I mean, you had the Patriots taking him for dinner and stuff, it was all about creating a smoke screen for other teams to overvalue him.
The only reason he was linked to Jacksonville was because of the massive amount of Gator fans in Jacksonville and our "Ticket Failure" and that hes from Jax. which we've sold every game this year without Tebow

Mooche

Reaction score
Which QB prospect do you want that is most likely to end up to you guys, in Jacksonville, and why?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%