Notable UDFAs

Mooche

Reaction score
Pierre Allen, DE, Nebraska, 6'4" 273lbs, end with good size and strength for run defense. Has the athleticism to develop into an effective pass rusher

Kendric Burney, CB, North Carolina, 5'9" 186lbs, lacks size and ran poorly at the combine but has good zone coverage skills and works hard in run support.

Ryan Bartholomew, C, Syracuse, 6'1" 303lbs, a bit undersized, but very athletic Bartholomew is a raw prospect that could develop into a very good center.

Noel Devine, RB, West Virginia, 5'8" 179lbs, very small with some character concerns, but Devine is an explosive playmaker running and catching the ball.

Jeron Johnson, S, Boise St, 5'10" 212lbs, very physical and effective in run support Johnson struggles in deep coverage despite decent athleticism due to over-agressiveness and poor technique

Jarriel King, T/G, South Carolina, 6'5" 317lbs, has the size and athleticism to play tackle in the NFL, but a bit slow off the line and has a serious heart condition.

Joe Lefeged, S, Rutgers, 6'0" 210lbs, rough in coverage, but should be able to contribute on STs and was effective against the run.

Kris O'Dowd, C, USC, 6'4" 303lbs, smart hard working lineman, but lack of size/strength along with troube staying healthy hurts him.

Schuylar Oordt, TE, Northern Iowa, 6'6" 261lbs, freakish size/speed combo with good hands, but not nearly the blocker his size would suggest and his route running needs more work.

Dane Sanzenbacher, WR, Ohio St, 5'11" 182lbs, sure handed, hard working with excellent route running skills, but very limited upside.

Ian Williams, DT, Notre Dame, 6'1" 319lbs, run stuffer with an effective bull rusher, he doesn't have many other moves as a pass rusher and is coming off a knee injury.

Deunta Williams, S, North Carolina, 6'2" 205lbs, good size, speed and cover skills. Isn't especially physical in run support and can get overagressive in coverage.
Some nice names left.. And I know they can't be signed until all this Lockout stuff is straightened out but nice to see nonetheless.

I really would like the Colts to target Burney and Lefeged.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Is Deunta Williams a FS or a SS? If he's an FS, I hope the Jets look at him.

Sanzenbacher too for the hell of it

Mooche

Reaction score
Is Deunta Williams a FS or a SS? If he's an FS, I hope the Jets look at him.

Sanzenbacher too for the hell of it
He'd translate to a FS in the NFL, most likely.

He's a big time hitter, but he's so risky in coverage..

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Anything is better than they shit we throw out there every week, we're playing guys who can't hit or cover, nowhere to go but up

Mooche

Reaction score
Anything is better than they shit we throw out there every week, we're playing guys who can't hit or cover, nowhere to go but up
True enough. The Jets really need to get that back end cleared up, and in a big time way..

Rahim Moore would have made a ton of sense for you guys. Too bad the Broncos scooped him up.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Yeah, Leonhard is fine at SS, but when you're starting Brodney Pool at FS, you have problems, still can't believe we didn't draft somebody to replace him.

Mooche

Reaction score
It's also kind of funny the midget Noel Devine went undrafted. You know some team is gonna take a shot in the dark on him for sure.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Yeah, Leonhard is fine at SS, but when you're starting Brodney Pool at FS, you have problems, still can't believe we didn't draft somebody to replace him.
6. Brodney Pool, New York Jets

Age as of September 1st, 2011: 27

2010 Grade: +6.3

Key Stat: Allowed only 16 receptions into his coverage and finished with the 4th best cover grade among safeties (+7.1.)

Behind the numbers: On a one year contract with the Jets, Pool turned in a strong 2010. By playing nearly the entire season (missing Week 1 with an bad ankle), he hopefully answered questions about him being a concussion-related injury risk. Up and down for much of the season, Pool finished on a high note with a pair of solid playoff games against New England and Pittsburgh.
http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/03/06/ranking-the-free-agents-safeties/

Mooche

Reaction score
Kam, you must want your boys to take a look at Burney, no? I mean, I think as a UDFA it's damn good value not to look at the guy. I know I want the Colts too. I think he's a sure fire Cover-2 corner.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sanzenbacher can be a good slot receiver in the NFL.

Mooche

Reaction score
Sanzenbacher can be a good slot receiver in the NFL.
Another guy a team will definitely try out. As a UDFA? Come on, you my as well try and plug him in the slot with your team.

He's a smart guy, and while he isn't the best athlete out there, he's gonna make plays alone from just his football IQ.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Kam, you must want your boys to take a look at Burney, no? I mean, I think as a UDFA it's damn good value not to look at the guy. I know I want the Colts too. I think he's a sure fire Cover-2 corner.
I want Burney, and Williams.

Rice18

I'm emotionally vested in me.
Reaction score
I hope Gurley makes a Team.

Mooche

Reaction score
O'Dowd really fell off the face of the Earth.. He was never graded that high for a USC OL, but damn, him going undrafted is not a shock with how his career spiraled, but I would have never imagined that 2-3 years ago when I heard about him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%