"Anonymous" NBA Scout Talks Prospects

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ben Simmons, 6'10" freshman forward, LSU: "I would take him first. He's a transcendent player because of his size and his ability to play multiple positions. Shooting is a concern, but that kind of size and skill set doesn't come along very often. There were a lot of things going on with his teammates at LSU. There's no denying he has a big sense of self-entitlement. He's got an aloofness to him that is concerning. The LSU thing was just a s--- show. There was too much allowed to happen. You had a film crew following him around all year. Whatever the concerns, he had one of the most successful college seasons we've seen in recent years. You wonder if he ends up like [Knicks forward] Carmelo Anthony, someone who's a great player but not a winning player."
Brandon Ingram, 6'9" freshman forward, Duke: "He'll be a multi-year all-star. He's going to be a versatile player. His build concerns you. Everybody compares him to Durant, but Durant was 215 pounds. This guy is 190. Game reminds me a little of Paul Pierce. You don't think he's moving that fast, but he gets to where he wants to go. Obviously he needs to grow into his body. He's a pipe cleaner right now. I like the improvement he made defensively as the year wore on."
http://www.campusrush.com/2016-nba-draft-scouting-reports-ben-simmons-brandon-ingram-1872857167.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%