buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
have it on in the background

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sucks Ronaldo got hurt. Portugal is playing well still though.

CoachAF

Reaction score
I was dissapointed in this tournament. It had some great stories with Iceland and Wales, but it also had some pretty lackluster performances as well with England and the Dutch headlining that group. Griezmann had a great tourney for France but disappeared in the final. Both teams disappeared in the final until Eder finally put us out of our misery with his goal. The tournament was marred by a lack of creativity and too many teams just sitting on the ball hoping for one point. I was hoping for the scoring to pick up in the knockout rounds, but it was still pretty uninspired football by a lot of clubs. I hope they do away with the expanded field because the group stages were filled with pretty bad soccer. However, I expect the rise of Iceland will give them all the reason they need in order to not make any changes. 

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It really was one of the more boring tournaments I've witnessed in my lifetime. I'm not gonna look down upon Portugal for the way they won it all because they still did what they had to do in a manner compliant to the rules. But yeah it wasn't very exciting for the most part.

They're definitely not doing away with the expanded field. I've read that the 2020 group stage might just be even more confusing.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
CoachAF said:
I was dissapointed in this tournament. It had some great stories with Iceland and Wales, but it also had some pretty lackluster performances as well with England and the Dutch headlining that group. Griezmann had a great tourney for France but disappeared in the final. Both teams disappeared in the final until Eder finally put us out of our misery with his goal. The tournament was marred by a lack of creativity and too many teams just sitting on the ball hoping for one point. I was hoping for the scoring to pick up in the knockout rounds, but it was still pretty uninspired football by a lot of clubs. I hope they do away with the expanded field because the group stages were filled with pretty bad soccer. However, I expect the rise of Iceland will give them all the reason they need in order to not make any changes. 

When does England not under-perform though?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%