2018 MLB Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
Yankees will be 5 back from us in no time.  They might even catch up.  We're blowing a game we should have easily won.  Got to the best pitcher in baseball but Porcello can't hold a lead.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
They have one of the two best rotations in baseball. If theirs doesnt do it for you, nobody elses will either.
It's good for the NL.  I'd still take the Cubs over the Dodgers if we're talking rotations.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
Yankees will be 5 back from us in no time.  They might even catch up.  We're blowing a game we should have easily won.  Got to the best pitcher in baseball but Porcello can't hold a lead.
Relax. Yeah we didnt capitalize when we had the chance tonight, but youre jumping to conclusions off a few bad innings.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
.ptt81 said:
Relax. Yeah we didnt capitalize when we had the chance tonight, but youre jumping to conclusions off a few bad innings.
I called it before today.  Indians win 3/4 against us.  They're on fire and our rotation is just in shambles right now.  We've basically got Price and no one else reliable.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
I called it before today.  Indians win 3/4 against us.  They're on fire and our rotation is just in shambles right now.  We've basically got Price and no one else reliable.
Well to be honest a wake up call wouldnt be the worst thing in the world. Need to have some adversity this year.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
.ptt81 said:
Well to be honest a wake up call wouldnt be the worst thing in the world. Need to have some adversity this year.
That much I'm agreed.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
One inning left, but it's over.  We have 11 hits in the game, usually you don't get more than 10 on most games.  We're outhitting the Indians and losing by 2 runs.  That's the worst when you outhit someone and lose.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
.ptt81 said:
Yeah tonight was bad. You can't have 11 LOB and expect to win in a close game.
I still don't think we have a reliable rotation at all.  I don't even consider E-Rod reliable.  Only Sale and likely Price.  outside of those two, nothing's a given.  We've had great offense all year, that is what has carried us.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
Ughh... Nathan Eovaldi.  He better bring his A game.  I see 5 earned runs in 7 innings.  Nathan Eovaldi is Rick Porcello 2.0.  Our offense needs to wake up and win some games for us because our rotation won't.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
.ptt81 said:
Yeah tonight was bad. You can't have 11 LOB and expect to win in a close game.
The 2017 Red Sox seemed to win games when leaving several men on.

This team not so much.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
Yankees will be 5 or 6 games back after this series.  Right back in the race.

Like I said, Eovaldi is Porcello 2.0.

We suck.  Our rotation is trash right now.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Red Sox have the best record in the league, and the next closest is 9 games behind

You should calm down

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
elcheato said:
The Red Sox have the best record in the league, and the next closest is 9 games behind

You should calm down
Considering how we're down in this game and we can't get a damn hit off a Justin Bieber pitcher no one even knows, I don't consider that a good thing.

As I said before, we have a lot of flaws for having the best record in baseball.  We're lucky to have that record because I don't think we're the best team.  I don't think Houston is either by the way.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Seriously tho, some offence would be nice.

We are also getting killed by Cleveland's like C guys (Melky and Allen)

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
Considering how we're down in this game and we can't get a damn hit off a Justin Bieber pitcher no one even knows, I don't consider that a good thing.

As I said before, we have a lot of flaws for having the best record in baseball.  We're lucky to have that record because I don't think we're the best team.  I don't think Houston is either by the way.
Shane Bieber has a low-mid 90s fastball, a very good slider, decent change, locates all his pitches well, misses bats and doesn't walk people. He's a very good prospect. If you don't know him, that's your issue ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
elcheato said:
Shane Bieber has a low-mid 90s fastball, a very good slider, decent change, locates all his pitches well, misses bats and doesn't walk people. He's a very good prospect. If you don't know him, that's your issue ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Just wanted to make that Justin Bieber reference.  i don't know him though.  Indians are loaded though.  I think they and Oakland are the teams to beat.  

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
.ptt81 said:
Seriously tho, some offence would be nice.

We are also getting killed by Cleveland's like C guys (Melky and Allen)
Pitching would be nice.  I mean our rotation is based on the success of Rick Porcello right now.  

Offense carried us all season.  It's in a funk right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%