Week 1 Overview--UPDATED

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]Thursday, September 7th[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Kansas City Chiefs @ New England Patriots, 8:30PM ET[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Matchup:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]There’s really no way to compare the offenses of these two teams. The Chiefs have an unknown at RB in Kareem Hunt and exactly zero viable every down options at WR. Travis Kelce appears to be their lone known weapon and Alex Smith will have to lean on Kelce heavily in order for the Chiefs to move the ball against New England’s defense. Defensively, the Chiefs probably have the better overall unit but it probably won’t matter as the Patriots will likely score more points by the second quarter than the Chiefs will score all game.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Outcome:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]I see nothing other than a New England blowout in this game. 45-20, [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Patriots.[/SIZE]

Every other game to follow

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
its gonna be tighter than youre projecting it to be

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
its gonna be tighter than youre projecting it to be
Probably because week 1

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Or probably because the Chiefs are still a good football team, and their strength (pass rush) presents the true weakness of the Patriots (pass protection)

Were playing a playoff team, not the Jets

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
We shall see. I don't think the Chiefs can stay in it early because their offense is terrible.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]Sunday, September 10th[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]New York Jets @ Buffalo Bills, 1PM ET[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Offensively, both teams are lacking in the weapons department. LeSean McCoy might be the only absolutely no-question starting caliber player at a skill position between both teams. Fortunately for both Tyrod Taylor and Josh McCown, both defenses are under construction in the secondary. While Mo Claiborne experienced a career resurgence the last two years in Dallas, he’s still an injury waiting to happen and the Jets could be down a CB before they know it. Buffalo traded away their best secondary piece in Darby. It’s going to come down to whose offense can produce a few points, and I trust McCoy above any other offensive player in this game, and while Jordan Matthews and Zay Jones don’t strike fear into anybody, the only Jets pass catcher I can name is on IR in Quincy Enunwa.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]This will be a hard fought, contested game because of one thing: ineptitude. 23-20, [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Bills.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Atlanta Falcons @ Chicago Bears, 1PM ET[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I don’t hate the Bears defense, but I definitely cannot trust their offense. I’m actually a fan of Mike Glennon, but every Bears pass catcher is unproven. The Falcons, on the other hand, are an offensive juggernaut with a defense good enough to hold the Bears down throughout the game. While I think the Bears will score more points than expected with a fairly strong performance from Mike Glennon, they won’t keep up with Atlanta.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The point spread will grow fast, then the gap will close late. 38-30, [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Falcons.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Baltimore Ravens @ Cincinnati Bengals, 1PM ET[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The Ravens offense made some nice additions in the offseason with guys like Jeremy Maclin and Danny Woodhead. What will decide whether or not their offense meets its potential will be Terrance West’s production between the Tackles. If he can’t continue to grow as an NFL back and give them a productive running game, the Ravens will have to lean on Flacco’s arm, which just doesn’t seem to work in the regular season, despite Flacco’s tendency to turn into a fire-breathing dragon when the Ravens make the playoffs. The Bengals, on the other hand, have countless question marks on offense and weak-armed quarterback who, at some point, will stop outperforming his talent. Both teams look to be very strong defensively, and the outcome of this game will likely depend on which unit has progressed further. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]For some reason, the Bengals have a tendency to pull these games out at home. 30-27, [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Bengals.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Pittsburgh Steelers @ Cleveland Browns, 1PM ET[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I want to say LOL but the Browns seem to find a way to play each division opponent tough in Cleveland. That being said, I don’t believe they have the pieces needed to compete with Pittsburgh. I’m expecting a big, big return from Martavis Bryant due to the Browns putting so much focus on Bell and Brown. I’m excited to see what Cleveland gets out of Kizer, though.[/SIZE]

I think Kizer will be solid but Pittsburgh is going to score too many points. 34-20, Steelers.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
We shall see. I don't think the Chiefs can stay in it early because their offense is terrible.
0-1

Delirium

Super Legend
Reaction score
The Chiefs weren't getting blown out, win or lose. Andy Reid's teams never back down from the Patriots.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%