Cubs Trade for Jose Quintana

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
OF Eloy Jimenez, RHP Dylan Cease, 1b Matt Rose, INF Bryant Flete.

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
Haven't heard of Rose or Flete. Losing Jimenez hurts. But the good thing about that is the Cubs bought him, wasn't a draft pick. Will be able to land similar studs like that via the international FA. Same thing with Torres last year. Buy with $$, sell for All-Star talent

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sox reupped their farm in a short amount of time. Pretty impressive.

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
With Hendricks coming back shortly, the Cubs should be able to catch the Brewers. Once they get into October I think they have a chance vs any team. They just have to focus on getting their crap together and start and playing their best ball at the right time

brett05

Reaction score
Rose and Flete are filler, not even lottery tickets.  On closer look, the Cubs have an edge in the trade.  It's up to Eloy and Dylan to make them regret the move.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Traded eloy yay

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
Cease is a projected RP at this point according to most. His numbers are great though, if he can stick as a SP he could turn into a TOR type arm.

Eloy is a great prospect but the reality is the Cubs window is  now and looking forward to at least the next 2-3 years. Jimenez isn't going to be in the Show until 2019 or so. His value always was as a trade chip. 

Eloy, like Torres last year, was bought. I love how the Cubs have used their international pool to add legit ML talent. Cubs will have their full international pool again next year and will likely be able to sign some elite international prospects to help stock the farm some more. 

The more I think about this the more I like it for the Cubs. I love how they didn't wait to get into a bidding war in 2 weeks, not to mention they can get 3 extra starts of Q instead of Eddie Butler or Lackey. I don't think they add another SP at this time, but definitely will in the offseason. 

Plus Eloy has not spot in the Cubs lineup in 2019 or later with Heyward and Harper manning the corners  :D

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
If he's batting 8th, I wouldn't care (obviously not on the Sox, but in general).

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Heyward has more of a legacy for the speech he gave in the rain delay than for anything he's actually done in a cubs uniform

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
Defensively you can't do much better. But yeah he isn't going anywhere so don't have much of a choice 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I just found out Jose is under contract until 2021. Like the deal a lot more for Chicago now

The cubs that is

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
I just found out Jose is under contract until 2021. Like the deal a lot more for Chicago now

The cubs that is
And the fact he pitched well today.

Brewers are done, they won't win the division.  Cubs will come back and take it.  Brewers are just on an extended hot streak.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I know, right? They have a 4.5 game lead and will probably make a move or two before the deadline. 

Cubs are probably the favorites now, but I wouldn't count the Brewers out just yet. 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
And even then, they can still contend for a wild card spot. They're far from done.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
And even then, they can still contend for a wild card spot. They're far from done.
They don't have a single reliable starter in their rotation.  Matt Garza is a solid pitcher, but he's no ace.  I don't even know the otehrs, but looking at their stats, they aren't very experienced.

Eric Thames was incredibly lucky hitting 23 homeruns, and I wouldn't expect him to hit many more by season's end.  Shaw tired out last season down the stretch.  I can't think of anyone else on the roster that's a notable star.

If they keep this run going, they'll be the biggest story in baseball, but I just don't see it happening.  They have too many no name players who just aren't cut out to make it big.  It's all one big streak that'll come to an end.

By the way, any team outside the NL West is way off pace for wild card.  If the DBacks and Rockies don't get wild card, maybe the Brewers squeeze in the last spot.  But it's doubtful.  

I hope I'm wrong.  I'd love to see this team dethrone the Cubs.  Just don't see it happening.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
The Rockies are fading fast. The brewers are one game behind them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%