Michigan Lands Jim Harbaugh

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Amid reports that today could be Brady Hoke’s final day as head coach at Michigan, I reached out this morning to a number of connections in the coaching profession – both NFL and college. The feedback I heard isn’t going to excite many at Michigan; in fact, one source was very blunt, saying “Michigan is struggling to find their next head coach.”

Michigan athletic director Jim Hackett and senior assistant athletic director Mike DeBord have spoken with a number of potential candidates is the what I’m told; and the reception thus far hasn’t been positive. We are told that the Michigan administration was hoping to have largely have their man identified by now and that does not appear to be the case as calls were ongoing yesterday.

Multiple sources I spoke with told me Jim Harbaugh has already told Michigan that he is not a candidate.

Sources tell us that Michigan has reached out to Butch Jones as well. Jones will not be a candidate at Michigan.

It is our understanding from sources at Michigan that there is significant disagreement within the building in Ann Arbor regarding the potential candidacy of Les Miles. Hackett very much considers Les a friend and a candidate he would like to pursue. Others in the department do not believe this is in the best interests of Michigan and fear that Les would publicly acknowledge their interest but ultimately choose to remain at LSU, giving the Michigan search a very public black eye.

Multiple sources we spoke with feel Michigan will ultimately wind up going “outside the family” for their next head coach. As always, we’ll keep you posted on The Scoop.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
he was fired too

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You mean they aren't going to hire a Michigan Man?!?!?!?!?!

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
There's a guy down in Arizona, he just won Pac-12 coach of the year. Should give him a look. 

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What is shocking to me is that Lane Kiffin will get another head coaching gig.  Whether it's at Michigan or not is besides the point, the fact that he's going to get another opportunity is astonishing to me.  How many times does he have to fail before people realize that he can't run a team?

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I seen some Vegas odds that had Harbaugh as the favorite.

I ultimately think we will end up with Les Miles or Greg Schiano though. But obviously will be praying to the football Gods for Jim.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd bet everything against those Vegas odds. There is zero reason for a coach who's had as much success as Harbaugh has in the NFL to go back to college. He's not Nick Saban or Bobby Patrino who were flops in the NFL, he's actually had success and coached in a fucking Super Bowl.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't think it is very likely, but I certainly wouldn't rule it out. If he doesn't find the right situation in the NFL I could see him coming here. I don't think he goes to an Oakland just for the sake of staying in the NFL. Cause we will pay him basically anything an NFL team will.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
he is a football mind that can turn anything around. doesn't matter what the team has, he can fix it into his. he's not college bound.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i don't think les is leaving either. that ship has sailed.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
IDK where I seen it but I read that Michigan is Les' "dream job," and that he would absolutely take it if it were offered. And that he was never formally offered it before. 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
RipCity32 said:
I don't think it is very likely, but I certainly wouldn't rule it out. If he doesn't find the right situation in the NFL I could see him coming here. I don't think he goes to an Oakland just for the sake of staying in the NFL. Cause we will pay him basically anything an NFL team will.
The worst job in the NFL is still better than any college job. He made the jump to the NFL for a reason, it's the highest level of football, and he's had success. He's not going back. 

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Time will tell. Can't really argue it when we don't know what is going on in his head. 

Like I said, not likely. But also not impossible in my eyes. 

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Fwiw, the fact not a single name has been mentioned yet kinda shows that we must think Harbaugh is a possibility. If they didn't, we would've heard something by now. Look how quick Florida and Nebraska were.

Or at least he hasn't said no yet.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Vegas odds went from 8-1 to 2-1, then betting was suspended.

Which speculates tons of money from more than just Michigan fans were put on it. Professional betters starting throwing large amounts on it.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/541613679826206720

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%