Urban Meyer to OSU?

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Maybe i'm wrong, maybe he's just being sneaky.

I'd love to see him coach again, but I think it won't be for a while.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
or maybe he's being respectful to the current ohio state coach and not saying it till after the season...

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
^ that

It's a shame what happened to PSU because Urban was said to have bought a house here...

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think OSU was always his school of choice, before the PSU stuff came out anyway..

Part of an article about Meyer when he was preparing to face OSU in the championship game in 2007.

GLENDALE, Ariz. — It finally hit Florida coach Urban Meyer when he heard Hang on Sloopy. At the Gators' practice, Ohio State's snappy anthem was being played to simulate the crowd noise in Monday's national title game against the Buckeyes.

At that point, Meyer turned and said to no one in particular, "Can you imagine that?"

"That's when it really started to sink in," Meyer says.

The Ohio connection in the Bowl Championship Series title game runs deep.

The boy from Ashtabula, Ohio, wore No. 45 on his football jersey in honor of Buckeyes great Archie Griffin. He got his start in coaching as a graduate assistant at Ohio State under Earle Bruce, who became his mentor. He has a large portrait of Ohio State coaching legend Woody Hayes, his idol, in the rec room at home. A framed photo of Bruce is displayed proudly in his office. His wife carries a buckeye (the nut from a buckeye tree) in her purse for good luck.

And that's just the Florida coach.

"I told Urban I'm afraid I might get up and dance when I hear Hang on Sloopy," Shelley Meyer says with a laugh. "He said, 'I don't think that would be a good idea.' "

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Speculation is swirling around Urban Meyer and the soon-to-be open head coaching position at Ohio State.

ESPN has pulled Meyer from his usual broadcasting team with Dave Pasch and Chris Spielman for Saturday's Ohio State-Michigan game.

Those two facts might lead one to surmise that the Buckeyes will be knocking on Meyer's door sooner rather than later and that Meyer will be waiting for them.

Then seen this message on facebook - reading this Urban Meyer stuff is interesting...just heard they just reached a deal and he will announce it after the Michigan game...man...it dont matter...im just ready for him to be the Buckeyes coach

Will be interesting, hope indeed it is true. Time will tell.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BillBankGreene Bill Greene
Meyer and OSU reach deal. Formal announcement next week. Signs deal after Michigan. It's done.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That's a shit ton of money for a coach. Good thing I aint payin it.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Sources told Pingalore that Meyer will bring several current UF assistant coaches with him to Columbus, including D.J. Durkin, the Gators' linebackers coach, who will be the OSU defensive coordinator.

Mickey Marotti, the strength coach at UF, will also join Meyer and become OSU's Director of Football Operations, according to sources.

Luke Fickell, who is the interim head coach at OSU, will stay on as an assistant head coach, said sources.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He should try to hire Greg Mattison as his DC just to fuck with Michigan ^_^

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
More then likely though, they'll retain Luke Fickell as a co-defensive coordinator and the head coach in waiting. Which is fine by me. Guys only 38, pretty good recruiter. Should be a better coach the next time around.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
More then likely though, they'll retain Luke Fickell as a co-defensive coordinator and the head coach in waiting. Which is fine by me. Guys only 38, pretty good recruiter. Should be a better coach the next time around.
Wow, I never even realized he was 38 years old... lol

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Apparently Florida fans are super pissed about this. Fuck em and LeBron.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mattison would never disgrace his career by going to OHIO.
:p

Obviously joking. But I certainly look forward to the rivalry being renewed under both Hoke and Meyer. Both coaches should be in place for a while. Should be fun.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm not gonna lie, I'm a bit irked by this whole "Ohio" nonsense lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%