Legendary coach Joe Paterno to retire at end of season

Mooche

Reaction score
I really don't hope this story gets worst.
It's already bad enough.
Unfortunately, I do believe it will. More stuff is going to be floating around constantly about these cases.

I read the grand jury report and it's just absolutely sickening. Probably one of the most horrifying things I've ever read. The one thing that really gets me is the number of people who could have had a play in stopping this. The janitors, the WR coach, hell, even some of the parents were out to lunch in some cases. Calling the school to not have your son be close to Sandusky is great, but why wouldn't you call the cops when your kid is asking you about "old weirdos" and such? Come on.

A lot of questions remain throughout this whole terrible case.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Now they are saying McQuery might not even be in trouble...he is going to use his testimony of what happened to prosecute Standusky.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Just finished reading the report, it appears that Sandusky used the same tactic on all these boys. So many people who couldve done something and they didnt. Bunch of cowards with no morals or ethics, too afraid to stand up for what is correct and fight what is wrong.

Its a fucking report full of "Blank Person reported it to Blank Person and they give Sandusky a slap on the wrist."

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't know about that, but the judge that ruled on his bail made it 100,000 instead of the 500K proposed, and he made it so Sandusky doesn't have to pay the bail as long as he shows up for court. The judge was also a volunteer at his Second Mile charity..

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't know about that, but the judge that ruled on his bail made it 100,000 instead of the 500K proposed, and he made it so Sandusky doesn't have to pay the bail as long as he shows up for court. The judge was also a volunteer at his Second Mile charity..
I don't know, the way ESPN made it sound was that Sandusky made bail because the judge who is a volunteer at his charity paid for it lol

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think you're on to something about the way ESPN is covering it...

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
ESPN generally now does not like the Big 10 because of TV contract issues, but I really hope they wouldn't be thinking of that when reporting on an actual real life story, that has little to do with sports other then Sandusky's affiliation with the program.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
In all honesty I wish it would just go away.

I'm so tired of hearing about Joe Paterno and Penn State. I'm so tired of hearing about Mike Vick and the Eagles too.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
http://twitter.com/#!/JayGlazer/status/136285209707548672

damn he went off. But i agree with jay

TTN2810

Reaction score
You guys are too easy on Paterno.
You don't think he knew a lot about this when Sandusky, who was the supposed heir apparent retired mysteriously in 1999?
He knew a lot, and failed to do anything. Scum bag. Sandusky though, man, he should get life and more.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Accused pedophile and former Penn State football coach Jerry Sandusky kicks off a sad attempt at a positive publicity campaign tonight with an interview on NBC, accompanied by his lawyer, who impregnated a 16-year-old when he was 49
You can't make this stuff up lol

ZigZag

TEH GREAT ZIGGY
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
clip of interview: http://www.tmz.com/2011/11/14/jerry-sandusky-penn-state-scandal-child-sex-abuse-nbc-rock-center/#.TsMb9cP3ES4

So fucking awful

BlueNation

Reaction score
The interview alone was creepy. He admitted to taking a shower with little boys and fooling around with them. He described what happened when he showered with them and it just pissed me off. He's going to get his fill in jail.

If you missed he said he didn't fool around with them but on separate occasions than in the shower. The way I said it wasn't very clear and made it sound like he fooled around with them in shower, apologies. I'm not trying to put words in his mouth.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
There are a lot of weird reports. Sandusky denying everything. A boy saying "he touched my thigh, then he would just leave his hand there, sometimes he would squeeze. It made me feel uncomfortable." LOL I'm sorry, but I thought we were talking about rape, not touching your freaking leg. Why the heck would you even tell anyone that??? Seems pointless in this investigation.

Also McQueary claiming he talked to police, but the State College and University police said they never heard anything....

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Penn State scandal only seems to get more haunting by the day. What started out as unthinkable only gets more so as accounts emerge of short-sighted adults failing to protect helpless children. The latest report, once again delivered by the Patriot-News, is horrifying.
Jerry Sandusky's attorney says one of two new cases of alleged sexual abuse under investigation by Children and Youth Services in Pennsylvania was made by someone in Sandusky's family.
ewwwwwwwwww

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
So we've got a pedophile who's into incest now?

Just when we thought it couldn't have possibly gotten any worse.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That's not really shocking to me, which sounds weird I know. But, more often than not, victims of sexual abuse are abused by someone they know. And a lot of times it's family members.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%