2013 Recruiting Discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueNation

Reaction score
Michigan is #1 on CBS and #5 on ESPN. Hoke has been a blessing, he is doing work in the recruiting game. The thing I'm most excited is he brought his kicker that was committed to SDSU. Michigan hasn't had a kicker for years now!!! This year I'm very optimistic about our team. With Rich Rod it was usually ok well I hope were aren't as awful as last year, but this year is the start of a new Michigan team after the worst coach in the history of Michigan football ran us into the ground.

I sat next to HIM when I was flying down to Orlando this past December. My pops and I were talking to him and he showed us his highlight videos and such. First off he is such a big guy and is such a force on the field. He is also really cool and a super nice guy, he's the type of player you want on your team. He was actually briefly looking at Michigan, but wasn't too interested.

I think it's funny that the only ESPN Top 50 that Michigan State has is a guy who wanted to commit to Michigan but the coaching staff told him he had to work on his grades if he wanted to come here so he went to MSU. I'm sure he'll fit in perfectly there.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
KU landed Bilal Marshall..who I like a lot and then Seth Russell...both are qbs but both are such athletic kids they could switch over and play other positions.

JPDaBeast23

Reaction score
People think Hoke is such the great recruiter, but I think it's because most players immediately put OSU out of their picture, so he has a much better chance at getting any prospect from Ohio/Michigan/Pennsylvania area.

Brutalis

"Take heart, or I will take it from you." - BN
Reaction score
Kiel's brother plays for Indiana, so that isn't as huge a shock as one would seem.
But come on, Indiana football? I am all for staying in state and being with family but apparently he doesn't have future goals for the NFL if he chose Indiana. Good luck to him though, I figured he was an OU lock.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BYU got a QB who is supposedly really good. Tanner Mangum from Boise Idaho.

Coaches are saying he's one of the top QBs.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
BYU got a QB who is supposedly really good. Tanner Mangum from Boise Idaho.

Coaches are saying he's one of the top QBs.
He's ranked 149 on ESPN's top 150

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's a 2 sport athlete.

It's possible that he goes to the minors.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That coach Craig guy for FSU is absolutely raiding Alabama for talent this year. FSU is killing it on the trail..10 commits on ESPNU150

swoosh

Reaction score
4* CA RB Byron Marshall to visit Oregon this week.

Keep those backs comin', Chip. :thumbsup:

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
4* CA RB Byron Marshall to visit Oregon this week.

Keep those backs comin', Chip. :thumbsup:
Your from Eugene Oregon? Have you heard of Mat Kearney? And what made you a Lakers fan? And pretty much all your other favorite teams..

swoosh

Reaction score
Your from Eugene Oregon? Have you heard of Mat Kearney? And what made you a Lakers fan? And pretty much all your other favorite teams..
Nah, I'm from Southern California but moved to Eugene for college. No clue who Mat Kearney is. I took all of my teams from my dad except the Falcons as there wasn't a team there.

swoosh

Reaction score
TEX 4* ATH Justin Thomas to Utah. That's a big get for them, he's really explosive. He'll probably play CB.

Shady_McCoy25

Reaction score
But come on, Indiana football? I am all for staying in state and being with family but apparently he doesn't have future goals for the NFL if he chose Indiana. Good luck to him though, I figured he was an OU lock.
He probably would have picked OU but they got another QB, Trevor Knight.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
OSU just picked up Adolphus Washington.. Stud DE, best lineman in Ohio. Really needed a boost to the recruiting class, but we might lose Brionte Dunn. Hopefully once Meyer gets announced we can get a spike in recruiting.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Keith Marshall to Georgia.

Kid has incredible burst, vision and moves for a high school kid. Some of the best HS tape I've seen since Devine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u7ElD8oJ5I

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Georgia's backfield with him and Crowell >

Could be looking at an Ingram/Richardson situation.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LauraMcKeeman Laura McKeeman
5-star QB #FSU commit Jameis Winston tells me he will visit #OhioState officially. I asked him why and he said, "Urban Meyer!" #Buckeyes

recruiting god.

Also, OSU is pretty much the leader to get Noah Spence after not even being on his radar until the Meyer hire. Multiple other 5 stars are now scheduling visits at OSU and now considering them as well.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Honestly, I hope Winston goes to OSU. Kid is the real deal, and I don't want to see him end up in Trailerhassee.

And yeah, Crowell is an enormous dick head. I've heard that he's lost a lot of respect from his teammates due to his laziness/stupid behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%