Votes: 6 66.7%
  • (2) Oregon (12-0)

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It wasn't just poor tackling. It was like it was Oregon's mission to come in and do nothing but force turnovers rather than let the turnovers come when the opportunity presented itself. I can't even recall how many times we seen Dyer carry defenders who were focused on getting the ball out rather than bringing him down. I think Oregon wanted to come in and embarrass them or something the way they were playing. No sense in letting RB and receivers carry your LB and CB 5-6 extra yards while they were trying to get the ball out. I think pure fundamental football is basically the difference. Oregon was arrogant and tried a lot of gimmicks rather than spreading their speed out and using the slight advantage instead of trying to run the ball when they were severely outmatched at the line.
And that's it too. Oregon plays a real "punk" style of football. Big plays, real finesse, and they look to strip before making a tackle. This shit works in the Pac 10 and against weak out of conference opponents.

mutigers28

Reaction score
Lesson we learned in this game:
Play to the whistle.

Congratz to Auburn though!!

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We also learned this season that cheaters actually do win in certain cases. Good lesson for all the young kids out there.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
well, outside stuff like softness, conference toughness, TCU, integrity, it was a fun game to watch. i enjoyed it

and oregon fans are annoying :)

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
The Super Bowl XL of college football.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Lol Blake is funny. It doesn't have to work in the NFL to work in college.

Congrats to Auburn. Nothing's free.

The Edge

Reaction score
The Cam Newton situation is odd but its not like say the Ohio State cheat-to-win philosophy they took into the Bowl season.

There is no proof that Cam Newton knew about being paid to play for a team. However common sense does prevail in the lack of evidence.

Facts known about the Cam Newton Case:

- His Dad was in communication with Mississippi State officials for $180,000.

- His Dad pushed him to go to Auburn over Mississippi State.

- His Dad's church went from being Condemned to back up to condition again.

Money changed hands somewhere and its fairly obvious, the evidence just hasn't been revealed yet and that is something that needs to be found before you take the kid out of the game.

Its not like Terrell Pryor and others selling gear from over a year ago for money and discounted tattoos and being able to play when similar infractions cost AJ Green and Marcell Dareus the first 4 games from their allegations and wrong doing being admitted to and basically screwing UNC out of a possible conference championship. For Green and Dareus this was shocking because they came forward yet Ohio State's crew was given an extra game of penalty for trying to keep it hidden. Funny how the system works when they want to finally get the elite program a win over the SEC. (I also question that whole Tressel forcing them to commit to the next season, I don't see how #1. They can be punished if they enter the draft. #2. how the school could get something like that to work.)

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LOL, the NCAA didn't suspend Cam Newton because Auburn was undefeated and he was the leading candidate for the Heisman... If Terrelle Pryor's father took that money we know he'd be suspended because he wasn't a Heisman candidate this year and the Buckeyes weren't undefeated..

It's all about money, not about getting the Buckeyes a win over the SEC.

Might as well change your name to Mark May because you're basically saying everything that dumb ass says..

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Again, well put Edge. I said it last night, the NCAA sacrificed integrity for ratings. This will come back to haunt college football, I'm sure. One constant in all these scandals that go down, there's always somebody with the factual knowledge that just can't keep their mouth shut forever.

Cam Newton should have been stuck in a dark closet...with no chair!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%