I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Eat shit Kelly.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
This isn't the NFL, dude.
Obviously -- but isn't the true goal of every player/coach involved in the NCAA to make it to that level?

Yes, it is. If you find one person who only wants to be a college star and never play in the NFL, let me know, because that person doesn't exist.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Obviously -- but isn't the true goal of every player/coach involved in the NCAA to make it to that level?

Yes, it is. If you find one person who only wants to be a college star and never play in the NFL, let me know, because that person doesn't exist.
So I should start coaching my kids to the NFL level right now then? Run a pro-style offense?

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
AE:

I think the Oregon claim to fame --- thanks all in part to Nike --- is complete shit and shouldn't be allowed.

Let's be honest, if it wasn't for the uniforms, Oregon would be the same way they were in the 90's. Nobodies.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Very nice goaline stop there for Auburn.
Wonder if that becomes the killer for Oregon.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
So I should start coaching my kids to the NFL level right now then? Run a pro-style offense?
Isn't that the goal of every person that has ever put on a helmet?

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
AE:

I think the Oregon claim to fame --- thanks all in part to Nike --- is complete shit and shouldn't be allowed.

Let's be honest, if it wasn't for the uniforms, Oregon would be the same way they were in the 90's. Nobodies.
So Nike has advertised the team well...okay. That doesn't mean shit if they don't take the field and produce....which they've done this season.

Coming from a Florida Gators' fan...this the kettle calling the pot black.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score

The only position that is really affected by the style of offense a team runs in college is a quarterback. If you're an athlete, you will get a chance in the NFL no matter where you play. The spread is something that works in college. That's why teams run it.

Chip Kelly isn't an NFL coach, and he never will be. He's doing something right, though. He is in the national title game.

And you do realize that Auburn runs the same style of offense, right? Mid-Line read options, and veers galore for that team.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
The only position that is really affected by the style of offense a team runs in college is a quarterback. If you're an athlete, you will get a chance in the NFL no matter where you play. The spread is something that works in college. That's why teams run it.

Chip Kelly isn't an NFL coach, and he never will be. He's doing something right, though. He is in the national title game.

And you do realize that Auburn runs the same style of offense, right? Mid-Line read options, and veers galore for that team.
They run the ball at least. And not only to the outside of the field.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
So Nike has advertised the team well...okay. That doesn't mean shit if they don't take the field and produce....which they've done this season.

Coming from a Florida Gators' fan...this the kettle calling the pot black.
So you're telling me that in no way shape or form does that effect recruting?

Can you honestly say that? If you do, you're a liar.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Recruiting is a dirty business for everyone. Players being attracted to a team that spends money on facilities is more respectable than a school putting money directly into a recruits pocket.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So you're telling me that in no way shape or form does that effect recruting?

Can you honestly say that? If you do, you're a liar.
If Oregon wasn't a winning program...no, I don't think their uniforms matter. They're seeing the biggest spike in recruiting right now b/c they are in the Nat'l Championship game...not b/c they are sporting neon socks.

You are overplaying the whole thing. You obviously have something against Oregon.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If Oregon wasn't a winning program...no, I don't think their uniforms matter. They're seeing the biggest spike in recruiting right now b/c they are in the Nat'l Championship game...not b/c they are sporting neon socks.

You are overplaying the whole thing. You obviously have something against Oregon.
Those neon socks are sexy as hell, though.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Bullshit. How did they get to that? Look at the players in the 90's compared to today.

You can't tell me that if Nike had never been involved in Oregon that they would be where they are now. The entire world knows that.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I too am a fan of the neon socks.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bullshit. How did they get to that? Look at the players in the 90's compared to today.

You can't tell me that if Nike had never been involved in Oregon that they would be where they are now. The entire world knows that.
Florida receives royalty money from Gatorade.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

Yeah Blake, Oregon has managed to lock down commitments from major college talents like Masoli, James, and Balmer...just b/c they have 75 different uniform combinations. Listen to how ridiculous that sounds.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah Blake, Oregon has managed to lock down commitments from major college talents like Masoli, James, and Balmer...just b/c they have 75 different uniform combinations. Listen to how ridiculous that sounds.
That's not exactly what he's saying...at least, I don't think it is.

I understand where he's coming from, though. I highly doubt Oregon would have all-world training facilities, locker rooms, etc without the Nike ties.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%