Pierce: "I'm the best player."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
xizkovic: Do you think Kobe is the best player in the world?

I don’t think Kobe is the best player. I’m the best player. There’s a line that separates having confidence and being conceited. I don’t cross that line but I have a lot of confidence in myself.
http://www.marca.com/charlas/pierce/24072008.

The article is in spanish. It's an interview he had with spanish fans. Go to google and translate this if you don't understand spanish or don't believe he said this.

It was pretty conceited just to say that... BUT, if he doesn't think Kobe isn't the best player, which I have no problem with, it's all debatable, he could have at least said Lebron James, Tim Duncan, or even Chris Paul, but to claim HIMSELF as the best player?! What? Just because his team won the finals? :rotfl:

kdogg

The original #SpartanDawg
Reaction score
Wow, he just can't shut his mouth this off-season lmao. All because he finally won the championship.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Gotta love the cockiness.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
it's funny because he's not even the best player on his team
and he contradicted himself big time in thst statement LMAO

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think Pierce is overrated.

His game is awkward/ugly. All his NBA career he's been a loser (except for this past year of course) and now since he's got a ring he thinks he's the best? I would even consider him a top five two guard.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pierce is my boy with the ku connection but he's off with this statement. Aint no way in hell i would choose him over kobe or bron or cp3.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think Pierce is overrated.

His game is awkward/ugly. All his NBA career he's been a loser (except for this past year of course) and now since he's got a ring he thinks he's the best? I would even consider him a top five two guard.
Thank gosh I'm not the only one...I think Pierce's game is one of the ugliest in the game. He plays like he is in slow motion.

And give me a break Pierce, you might have the best team but you are not the best player. Not even close.

VC15

Reaction score
What a toolbag. KG, Kobe, LeBron, CP3, Agent Zero, TD and T-Mac are all better.

Agent Zero

Reaction score
he's getting too cocky since he won the finals i beat next he"s going to regret what he said

.loggie

Reaction score
what part of his game does he think separates him from kobe or lebron? last season in the NBA he was 30th in scoring, 28th in assists, and 58th in FG%. doesnt sound like the best player to me

djhipp

Reaction score
Paul Pierce is better than Agent Zero...
I feel dumb for asking, but whose agent zero?

and Pierce is a top 5 player imo, underrated by many. I'd still say Lebron is the best, but Pierce's name should definately be up there.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lol Pierce isn't even the best on his team so it's kind of funny he said this.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well yeah, but without KG they wouldn't even be there.

Plus his "injury" couldn't of hurt his case lol.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pierce isn't the best, but I'm not going to compare a 6'6 or 6'7 SG/SF to big men... Compared to people his height, Kobe, T-mac and LBJ are better. The rest are worse are so close that you can't judge.

He isn't the best, but he's won more than any of them recently (I know PP had KG and Allen, but Shaq in his heyday was the best player of all time)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%