Official Wrestling Talk Thread

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
John Pollock of Post Wrestling reported that the angle between KO and Lashley was done last night because KO will be needing knee surgery and this was done to write him off.

Jjl

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

Mike and Maria Kanellis are no longer RAW Superstars and have been moved to the 205 Live brand.
Both Mike and Maria Kanellis debuted on this week’s tapings for 205 Live when Mike interrupted a match between Lince Dorado and Lio Rush.
lol

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

Details On WWE Turning Bobby Lashley Heel
 Bobby Lashley and Lio Rush

Some details regarding WWE’s decision to turn Bobby Lashley heel recently has surfaced.
Lashley with Lio Rush at ringside beat Kevin Owens in a singles match on this week’s episode of WWE Monday Night RAW in Rosemont, IL at the Allstate Arena on the USA Network. After the match, Lashley attacked Owens, which marked his heel turn. This comes off the fact that Lashley had just teamed up with John Cena to beat Elias and Owens in a tag team match over the weekend.

The heel turn for Lashley was made only hours before RAW went live, according to longtime pro wrestling journalist Dave Meltzer as he reported the news in the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
It was noted that WWE officials had a long discussion about if Lashley would be better served as a heel or babyface at this time on television. In the end, WWE Chairman Vince McMahon decided it was best to turn him heel due to WWE needing more heels right now.

This was an easy decision for the company with WWE losing Owens due to his recent knee surgery. It was also noted that Lio Rush was reportedly being fed lines by McMahon for the segment.

KO will miss anywhere from 4-8 months with his knee surgery according to Uncle Dave.
They will not know the full extent of the damage until they go in and operate. The fear is that he could be out for the full 8 months.
Oh they needed more heels at the moment, alright.

brett05

Reaction score
I'm five minutes into the My Son is a WWE Superstar for Titus O'Neil and I can't stop crying.  His mom is a HERO.

https://youtu.be/LqEafJOezqQ

the rest of the video is awesome too.  New favorite wrestler for me.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

EXCLUSIVE: WWE Officials Scrambling To Find New Home For WWE Crown Jewel

WWE and Saudi Arabia have a decade-long deal for an estimated $1 billion and at around $50 million a show, they really don’t want to pass up an opportunity to take advantage of this deal. But in light of recent events, WWE is receiving some pressure from places they rarely hear any kind of push-back from.

Our sources have told us that there is currently a lot of internal heat within WWE concerning the Crown Jewel event being held in Saudi Arabia on November 2nd. They are putting pressure on Linda McMahon to talk to her husband and we have been told that there will be a meeting tomorrow on the matter.

The thinking at this point is that they are either canceling the event or moving it, but the overwhelming desire is to simply relocate Crown Jewel to outside Saudi Arabia. They are likely to keep the same name as before, it just won’t be in the controversial country.

Just as the statement WWE put out said, they are monitoring the situation and there are some who are pressing hard for a switch or adjustment of some kind.
Only time will tell what decision is made in this situation, but it seems like WWE has found themselves in a situation that they never thought they’d be in.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The move would have been not doing business with them in the first place

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

Undertaker has agreed to work WM 35 according to ringside news. WWE is trying to have him commit to a Survivor Series match at the moment.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The majority of WWE talent does not want to go to Saudi Arabia

As we wrote about earlier, the pressure is mounting on WWE to pull their Crown Jewel event out of Saudi Arabia. They are in a tough position because this is more of a financial issue for them instead of a political issue. The company stands to make $45 million from the Saudi government and the money coming from that show. WWE management hasn’t committed to pulling out yet but several wrestlers have expressed their thoughts on the situation.

Bryan Alvarez said on Wrestling Observer Live that wrestlers scheduled to fly to Saudi Arabia do not want to go. Alvarez said, “I can’t speak for everybody on the WWE roster. I haven’t talked to everybody on the WWE roster but I can tell you that a lot of the people that are scheduled to go to Saudi Arabia, they don’t want to go to Saudi Arabia.” He added, “In fact, the majority of the talent doesn’t want to go to Saudi Arabia but the office wants to go to Saudi Arabia and they have shareholders that they want to please with all of these big money deals that they’re getting. We’ll see what happens.”

WWE issued a statement on Thursday saying they are monitoring the situation. Earlier today, several United States Senators called on WWE to pull out of Saudi Arabia and they have called on them to rethink their entire business arrangement with them. WWE’s deal with them includes big events over the course of 10 years.

That deal appears to be on shaky ground.

I mean they suppose to be "independent contractors"

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Meanwhile at Abyss Hall of Fame ceremony

https://twitter.com/solomonster/status/1051306246614212608

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That's the saddest looking hall of fame ceremony I've ever seen.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
hes gonna need to cut a lot of weight, no?

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
if the weight limit is even real lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%