SuperBowl XLII Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooche

Reaction score
I would love to see New England lose and it could happen, the only thing that worries me is how beat up and battered the Giants secondary is. Other than that, if the Giants offense plays like they can I can see them giving them a game for sure.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
is anybody else aware that Tom Brady is in a cast?

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You know, it's kind of funny that EVERY team that has played the Patriots so far has said the same thing...
The thing is we did it during the season, and only made two mistakes that whole game.

I honestly think people overlook the Patriots ability to do the same exact thing and they do it pretty well if I'm not mistaken. Kevin Faulk and Lawrence Maroney ring any bells?

look up the stats from the game we played. Look how much Faulk and Maronyl "hurt" us. they were basically non-existent.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I would love to see New England lose and it could happen, the only thing that worries me is how beat up and battered the Giants secondary is. Other than that, if the Giants offense plays like they can I can see them giving them a game for sure.
I dont think that will be a problem by the time of the superbowl. Plus Webster and Ross have played great, not to mention McQuarters INT's (and fumbles) and Wilson has done his job well.

But Butler has to go, I would like to see us pick up either Aquib Talib or Kenny Phillips in the draft to take his spot.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The thing is we did it during the season, and only made two mistakes that whole game.

look up the stats from the game we played. Look how much Faulk and Maronyl "hurt" us. they were basically non-existent.
Those mistakes hurt too..you can say that "it's different this time around and you won't make mistakes but guess what it's different for the Patriots too so the Giants aren't alone. I know the Giants stand a chance, never said they didn't but don't think you "have" this game just because you know the "key" to stopping the Patriots.

Mooche

Reaction score
When the Giants played them before, they only made 1 or 2 huge mistakes. The biggest one was when Eli had a chance to take the Giants back down the field for the game winning touchdown and he threw a terrible pick to finish the game. The Giants are playing angry and they are pissed off they couldn't take down the Pats. This whole season everybody doubted them and gave them no chance, they are now in the Super Bowl.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Those mistakes hurt too..you can say that "it's different this time around and you won't make mistakes but guess what it's different for the Patriots too so the Giants aren't alone. I know the Giants stand a chance, never said they didn't but don't think you "have" this game just because you know the "key" to stopping the Patriots.

Baggs when did I say we "have" the game? or that we knew the "key" to stopping the Pats?

I never did, b/c I dont believe it, the game will be a good game and I believe any team could win.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Baggs when did I say we "have" the game? or that we knew the "key" to stopping the Pats?

I never did, b/c I dont believe it, the game will be a good game and I believe any team could win.
I was referring to the fans as a whole, sorry if I may have singled you out, because I have been hearing a lot of those remarks from Giants fans and anti-Patriot fans. Not just here but at school too.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
It's too soon to make a prediction. I'll give you my insight on SB Sunday. Full story... hopefully.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I was referring to the fans as a whole, sorry if I may have singled you out, because I have been hearing a lot of those remarks from Giants fans and anti-Patriot fans. Not just here but at school too.

No problem, but honestly if the Giants werent in the superbowl against your Patriots I would be rooting for em, mainly b/c I want Mercury Morris to shut his mouth.

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
For some reason I just can't stand the Giants, and I really don't want them to win a superbowl, but I'm a full time Pats hater since Jan. 2002 (Tuck Rule Game). So I guess I will be rooting for the Giants, just because I really hate the Pats. Also Tom Brady is a smug asshole.

Also seeing A-Ross get a ring would be tight.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
For some reason I just can't stand the Giants, and I really don't want them to win a superbowl, but I'm a full time Pats hater since Jan. 2002 (Tuck Rule Game). So I guess I will be rooting for the Giants, just because I really hate the Pats. Also Tom Brady is a smug asshole.

Also seeing A-Ross get a ring would be tight.
? :blink: ?

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
For hating the Giants, it might be because I live in Dallas.

And for hating the pats, I was a Raiders fan back when Jerry Rice was on the team. Back in the day I went with Jerry Rice. And that "Incomplete Pass" was bull.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
For hating the Giants, it might be because I live in Dallas.

And for hating the pats, I was a Raiders fan back when Jerry Rice was on the team. Back in the day I went with Jerry Rice. And that "Incomplete Pass" was bull.

oh okay, that makes more sense, I hate the Cowboys myself lol.

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well I'm not a Cowboys fan, infact I hate the Cowboys. But those bastards might have rubbed a little Giants hate on too me.

ZigZag

TEH GREAT ZIGGY
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Eli is going to make it rain on dem hoes.

Sports Hour

Reaction score
I would love to see the Giants win.

A lot of the G-men deserve it too, most notably Michael Strahan. I expect to see them get off to a fast, great start versus the Patriots.

I hope to see a headline saying, "Peyton last year, Eli this year.", a day after the Superbowl.

But if the New England Patriots don't win the Superbowl, their season will ultimately be a failure. Having perfection up until the big game and not winning just doesn't work.

Best of luck to the G-Men!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%