Official 2011 NHL Playoffs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Discuss here.

Rooting for the Canucks. Hopefully a Canadian team can bring home the Cup. I am also really excited for the Bruins/Habs series.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Discuss here.

Rooting for the Canucks. Hopefully a Canadian team can bring home the Cup. I am also really excited for the Bruins/Habs series.
Nope red wings winning it all :D

LeafsFan4Life

Reaction score
I had a playoff pool draft tonight.

My team:
Patrick Marleau
Henrik Zetterberg
Dany Heatley
Joe Pavelski
Logan Couture
Patrick Sharp
Marian Hossa
James Neal
Zdeno Chara
Duncan Keith

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If the Bruins/Habs series goes to 7 games, Games 6 and 7 are on back-to-back nights.

Way to be, NHL

LeafsFan4Life

Reaction score
Eastern Conference
1. Washington vs. 8. NY Rangers - 5 games
2. Philadelphia vs. 7. Buffalo - 5 games
3. Boston vs. 6. Montreal - 6 games
4. Pittsburgh vs. 5. Tampa Bay - 6 games

Western Conference
1. Vancouver vs 8. Chicago - 7 games
2. San Jose vs 7. Los Angeles - 5 games
3. Detroit vs 6. Phoenix - 6 games
4. Anaheim vs 5. Nashville - 6 games

TeeTime

Reaction score
Ya'll let us know when a good hockey game is going to be on, I need to watch more hockey. Announce like a game to watch today, in the official thread that most people see. for reminders for people like I who forget.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nucks vs Hawks series should be great. Bring it on Hawks!!!!

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Wings/Yotes in round one again. I am expecting a much different outcome than last years scare lol. Series starts Wednesday, I'm super pumped for playoff hockey to start!

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Eastern Conference
1. Washington vs. 8. NY Rangers
2. Philadelphia vs. 7. Buffalo
3. Boston vs. 6. Montreal
4. Pittsburgh vs. 5. Tampa Bay

Western Conference
1. Vancouver vs 8. Chicago
2. San Jose vs 7. Los Angeles
3. Detroit vs 6. Phoenix
4. Anaheim vs 5. Nashville

Mooche

Reaction score
Nucks vs Hawks series should be great. Bring it on Hawks!!!!
This is going to be one hell of a series. Going to be interesting to see the Hawks in the Playoffs battling the Canucks yet again.

Fuck Boston, btw. :D

Steez

Reaction score
Buffalo should get out of Round 1. It'll be tough, but were playing too good of hockey right now and with Leopold possibly returning, our defense will be a lot better than it was in our home finale against Philly. We played so shitty that night AND with a backup goalie for 2 periods and still came out on top.

LETS GO BUFFALO!

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Eastern Conference

Western Conference
2. San Jose vs 7. Los Angeles
3. Detroit vs 6. Phoenix

Reaction score
Eastern Conference

Western Conference
2. San Jose vs 7. Los Angeles (Upset!)
3. Detroit vs 6. Phoenix

Let's get it Red Wings! We gonna miss Zetterberg today, hopefully Franzen steps it up in the postseason as usual this year.

Mr.Baller

Reaction score
Like always no one really likes the habs or they all think that we arent going to make it ... well like always the habs will surprise u guys by winnin against the bruins y'all see ;)

dh1333

amnesia.
Reaction score
Eastern Conference
1. Washington vs. 8. NY Rangers - Should be an easy series for Washington with Callahan out and Gaborik struggling. Only way the Rangers will come out on top is if Lundqvist stands on his head the whole series, but I'm gonna go with Washington.
2. Philadelphia vs. 7. Buffalo- Philadelphia has been struggling since the all star break. Buffalo has great goaltending in Miller and steady offense. Philly has depth up fron and Pronger but their goaltending is an issue with Bobrosvky. I'm going with Buffalo on this one.
3. Boston vs. 6. Montreal - Boston should have no problem with this series. They are built for the playoffs while Montreal is small and fast. Only way Montreal could come out on top is if Price has better goaltending then Thomas and Boston gets into penalty trouble.
4. Pittsburgh vs. 5. Tampa Bay - I think Pittsburgh will come out on top. They have tons of playoff experience in their roster and Stamkos will struggle adjusting to the playoffs.

Western Conference
1. Vancouver vs 8. Chicago - Being as unbiased as possible i think Vancouver won't have much trouble winning this series. With Chicago a skeleton of last seasons team and Bolland's return unknown i think Vancouver will be too much for Chicago to handle this year.
2. San Jose vs 7. Los Angeles - This one is easy, no Kopitar. San Jose should be able to sweep this series.
3. Detroit vs 6. Phoenix - Phoenix doesnt stand much of a chance against the Wings. Their only hope is if Howard struggles, even then this would still be a very difficult series to win for Phoenix.
4. Anaheim vs 5. Nashville - This one is probably the hardest to pick. The teams are pretty much equal and have opposite playing styles. If Anaheim is going to win this their first line hasa to dominate and if Nashville's going to win Rinne and Weber have to be outstanding. The preds also need someone to tep up and score some goals. Im just going to guess Nashville shuts down Anaheims top line and wins this.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Can't complain about the reffing anymore..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%