2010 NHL Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You can discussing about the draft here. It starts tomorrow at 4pm Pacific 7pm Eastern​

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hells yes, cannot wait.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Edmonton Oilers have been tight-lipped about who they will select No. 1 overall in the NHL Draft, but former coach Pat Quinn -- who was forced out of his job and into a senior advisor role -- might've had a Freudian slip and let us know who they're picking.

On a conference call, he said (via Sun Media), "This team could have three kids come in at 19 years old and I've worked with all of them."

As the QMI Agency's Terry Jones points out, "Quinn coached Taylor Hall to a gold medal at the 2008 IIHF U-18 championship. He's never coached Tyler Seguin."

Quinn added that this depends on who the Oilers draft, but it might just be his way of covering up this little slip of the tongue. The Oilers have been trying to keep this quiet because it looks like the Bruins really want Hall so they could trade down one spot for the right price. But the Edmonton Journal writes that this is unlikely.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
There's no doubt in my mind that Taylor Hall is the #1 pick in this draft and rightfully so.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah. This should be a solid draft overall imo. Lot's of good young players.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Crap. First I miss the NBA Draft and now I have to miss this lol. I have work.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I find it funny when everyone knows clearly who the #1 pick is recently and theres still speculation on it

I know Seguin is a more well rounded player but no way they're passing up Taylor Hall

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They're just trying to make people think that they're not sure who they're going to pick so it's more exciting lol. Hall is the most NHL ready player and the most skilled IMO.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bruins looking to move Marc Savard and Tim Thomas

The Bruins reportedly have given Tim Thomas' agent permission to seek a trade. And the Boston Herald says Bruins are expected to peddle Savard, a clear indication they are locked in on Tyler Seguin with the second-overall pick.

Sources at the Board of Governors confirmed on Thursday that Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren and Boston's Peter Chiarelli have spoken about the netminder, who has three years left on his contract and has been replaced as a starter by Tuukka Rask.

Flyers' sources say, however, they consider Thomas "too expensive," despite his 2.56 goals against average and .915 save percentage in 43 games last season.

Outside sources say, however, the Flyers are willing to move two players "if" they decide to go the Thomas route and "if" it's the right players to move. Those sources added the only untouchable Flyers are Mike Richards and Jeff Carter.

As for Savard, who the Bruins signed to a contract extension last December, he too has a no-movement clause in his contract, one that becomes much more limited on July 1st when the new contract begins. So where are the Bruins in figuring out where they'd want to send him? Turns out Joe Haggerty at CSN New England got the details there.

Sources indicate Marc Savard would OK move to OTT, TOR and CHI if right deal was there. Problem: Currently none of those teams want him
I really think we see Tim Thomas on the move tonight, possibly Savard as well. Either way, I get the feeling that we will see a ton of trades in the draft.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I wonder who is gonna be calling for Tim Thomas though. Like, it'll be really interesting to see who takes a chance on him.

Oiler35

Reaction score
I'd love to see Tim Thomas in Edmonton, aswell as Taylor Hall.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Thomas, as far as I've read, will not go to a west coast team. His family is here and he'd rather not have to move them. I see Philly, Florida, and Tampa as the most logical choices.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Thomas, as far as I've read, will not go to a west coast team. His family is here and he'd rather not have to move them. I see Philly, Florida, and Tampa as the most logical choices.
Vokoun>Thomas

Maybe Tampa, but I don't think Philly will want to take on his salary or trade a lot for him

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Who would want his contract anyways? Lol.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Florida was if Vokoun left obviously and the Bruins would probably take something back from Philly. I'm not saying anythings going to happen. Just saying that, from every report I've read, Thomas will not go to the west. So those seem like the 3 logical places in the East.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd love to see Tim Thomas in Edmonton, aswell as Taylor Hall.
doesn't make a whole sense since you already have bulin who has a pretty big contract and I would probably let deslauriers develop.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Atlanta is still trying to make moves

Tim Thomas o_O

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They have Hedberg though, and Pavelec, why would they want Timmy?

TSNBobMcKenzie
Only way Tim Thomas to PHI makes sense is if S Gagne goes other way. Could see that happening. Not necessarily today tho. Maybe not at all
Also, he mentioned that PHI and Hamhuis are not close at all to a contract and they may even trade his rights elsewhere. Vancouver's a possibility.

stewza

Reaction score
I hope Carolina either tries to move up to the #4 or 5 pick or tries to pick up the Boston pick Florida has.

edit: well that was quickly answered.

"Jim Rutherford said it's unlikely Canes will acquire another first-round pick or make any other draft-day move."

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't buy this whole "Tim Thomas doesn't want to leave the East coast" thing. Whether you're traveling up and down the coast or across the country, you're still not close to the family. Thomas doesn't have a NTC first off and I think he'd rather be somewhere he's gonna start regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%