2010 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Meh just a 1 year deal. He'll likely go back to Russia next year.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It did not take long to replace Alexander Frolov in Los Angeles, as Alex Ponikarovsky has agreed to join the Kings on a one-year deal worth $3 million plus a $200,000 signing bonus.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Good signing for the Kings. He just didn't work out that well in PItt

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I can't believe I was so high on him last year. Nucks fans really overrated him.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's good and he'll do his job...he just got quiet when he was in Pittsburgh down the stretch

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's ok at best but Canucks fand really overrated him like crazy during the trade deadline.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

If Alex Ovechkin didn't know who Max Talbot was before today, he does now.

Talbot, the pesky Pittsburgh Penguins forward, fired a verbal salvo at Ovechkin Tuesday during an event to promote the 2011 Winter Classic, calling the Washington Capitals superstar a "douche" during an interview with a Pittsburgh radio station.

And not only does Talbot think Ovechkin reminds him of a feminine hygiene product, he went a little further, letting the world know he has a pretty intense dislike of Ovechkin. Has since the first time they met, Talbot says.

"I just hate the guy," Talbot told Pittsburgh's 105.9 The X. "I can't lie. Sorry. Even more so for a guy like Ovechkin. Like, seriously, OK ... yeah. I don't like him. The first time I met him, let's say he didn't give the best impression to me, so better reason to hate him even more.

"(Teammate Evgeni) Malkin knew Ovechkin and introduced me to him and the first impression wasn't great. I'm not really gonna say what happened but I'm like, 'OK, this guy is a real douche.'"

Ovechkin, who wasn't at the promotional event at Heinz Field, site of the Winter Classic, hasn't responded to Talbot's comments, which has become the latest chapter in an intense rivalry between two of the best teams in the NHL's Eastern Conference. In 2009, the Pens eliminated Ovie's Caps in a thrilling, seven-game series en route to the Stanley Cup title.

Washington takes on Pittsburgh Dec. 23 in the U.S. capital then the two meet again a week later in the Winter Classic.

Glad I'm not the only person who realizes it =).

Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score
last time I checked Ovy has 3 inches and 40 more pounds over Talbot, bad idea to put a target on your back to that guy

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
last time I checked Ovy has 3 inches and 40 more pounds over Talbot, bad idea to put a target on your back to that guy
yeah but then Cooke will blindside him and end his career....all part of Talbot's plan

Mauersota

Reaction score
We got John Madden and locked up Mikko Koivu. Ahhhhh yeahhhh

Canuck

Reaction score
Bobby Ryan reaches a Deal

Source: Bobby Ryan has reached agreement with Ducks for contract believed 5 yrs for approximately $5.5M per.

http://twitter.com/NYP_Brooksie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%