Michael Phelps vs. Braylon Edwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From yahoo.com
Braylon Edwards is a fantastic wide receiver. A master gambler, he probably is not.

Before the Olympics, as Braylon and Phelps were hanging out somewhere talking about all things Michigan (take that, Miami of Ohio!), they struck up a bet. Braylon wagered that he'd score twice as many touchdowns as Michael Phelps would win gold medals (gracias, FanHouse).

Phelps, as you may have heard, won eight.

The foot injury wasn’t a complete loss. Edwards used the time on his couch to catch up with swimmer Michael Phelps’ chase for history at the Olympics.

Edwards and Phelps have University of Michigan ties and struck up a friendship. Edwards bragged before Beijing that he would more than double Phelps’ gold-medal total with touchdown catches. After Phelps’ record eight golds, Edwards needs to set another franchise record.

I don't know exactly what's on the line, but I hope Braylon's getting odds. He's going to have to be injury-free and dominant to win this one.

Myself, I don't bet against Michael Phelps. That would feel like betting against America.

You?

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
let's go Braylon...rack up those fantasy points!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%