Clinton Portis

Drew Brees

Kurt Warner

-- Poll Added - GMF

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kurt Warner. Without him, they would be in the gutter.
Sleeper pick: Matt Ryan

joeywatson15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Going with Drew Brees.

Rookie of the year: Matt Ryan

Hopefully good things continue.
well i know im a huge skins fan BUT portis is an absolute WARRIOR.. he has been the league's leading rusher most of the year
He has been there when needed most and is an impact player week after week
He pounds the ball every play and plays 100% when hes been injured... this guy is the MVP by far
if u think about the MOST valuable player in the league... they should just give him the honor already, its been much deserved!

Attachments

Everything Turns To Nothing .
Reaction score
Well, Portis shouldn't win it, because they're not close to the top of the standings... Neither should Brees or Warner at this point. If I had to pick one of the three, it'd be Warner. Just because he's definitely going to the Playoffs... Well, he is putting up good numbers too...

I think to be an MVP you should be on a top team... I don't really know who I'd say is the MVP up to this point.

joeywatson15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
its not about the team man lol.. its the player and how valuable he is to the team.. portis has amazing heart and toughness.. kurt warner already had the award twice he doesnt deserve it again

Reaction score
its not about the team man lol.. its the player and how valuable he is to the team.. portis has amazing heart and toughness.. kurt warner already had the award twice he doesnt deserve it again
Doesn't deserve it? He may break Dan Marino's record for most passing yards in a season, that's an accomplishment. Brees may do the same, but the difference is he's most likely not making the playoffs.

And if it were based on how valuable a player is to his team, you could make an argument for Tony Romo winning it. Not saying he should, but it's an example.. He misses games - we lose most of them... He comes back, we win.

So it definitely is about the team, as they have to be winning for a player to get MVP.

Look at Brady last year.... Best player on the best team, and I believe that's the way it should be.

Macken

GFX Crew Capt
Reaction score
Warner wins MVP and Comeback player of the year again

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
it should be drew brees, by a long shot. without him the saints wouldn't have 3 wins. but it isn't about "the most valuable player" it's the best player on the best team. why they call it mvp idk, it's a messed up system really. but because of that, i'm goin with eli manning.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Im going with Adrian Peterson, the Vikings would be a horrible team without him. He is the Vikings offense, and there is still a chance that the Vikings make the playoffs.

Macken

GFX Crew Capt
Reaction score
Im going with Adrian Peterson, the Vikings would be a horrible team without him. He is the Vikings offense, and there is still a chance that the Vikings make the playoffs.
still a chance?? they are leading the division.. there is "still" a chance the bears or packers might make it... they gotta play catch up now

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I say still a chance because after the Detriot Cubs. They have to play the Cardinals, Falcons, and Giants to end the year. There is still a chance.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Just because he won it before doesnt mean he doesnt deserve it again... :rolleyes:

joeywatson15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
yeah but warner has GREAT recievers around him and an all around great offense.. drew brees and his saints arent winning much and u look at eli manning.. well he hasnt put up huge numbers But the giants ARE on top.. tony romo isnt even a candidate since he missed games.. even when he was there they were still losing!! okay since his return they beat the skins.. it was a close game and then when they beat 2 of the worst teams every1 praises him.. GOOD LUCK with the steelers.. and then we have adrian peterson and clinton portis.. the 2 top backs in the league.. the vikings had an easier schedule than the skins.. portis displays more heart and toughness and shows up big in the 4th quarter when u look at the season.. with the skins 7-5, they need 3 more wins out of the next 4.. if they make the playoffs u gotta hand it to the guy

Reaction score
yeah but warner has GREAT recievers around him and an all around great offense.. drew brees and his saints arent winning much and u look at eli manning.. well he hasnt put up huge numbers But the giants ARE on top.. tony romo isnt even a candidate since he missed games.. even when he was there they were still losing!! okay since his return they beat the skins.. it was a close game and then when they beat 2 of the worst teams every1 praises him.. GOOD LUCK with the steelers.. and then we have adrian peterson and clinton portis.. the 2 top backs in the league.. the vikings had an easier schedule than the skins.. portis displays more heart and toughness and shows up big in the 4th quarter when u look at the season.. with the skins 7-5, they need 3 more wins out of the next 4.. if they make the playoffs u gotta hand it to the guy
Obviously. I was giving an example...

AP would win it before Portis, at least they're on top of their division.

So what if Warner has 'GREAT' receivers... What did he do with those receivers last year? That's right, not a damn thing. He's putting up great numbers with those receivers, and there is no chance they miss the playoffs. You have to consider him for the MVP.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Obviously. I was giving an example...

AP would win it before Portis, at least they're on top of their division.

So what if Warner has 'GREAT' receivers... What did he do with those receivers last year? That's right, not a damn thing. He's putting up great numbers with those receivers, and there is no chance they miss the playoffs. You have to consider him for the MVP.
The Cardinals division this year absolutely sucks. No competition what so ever.

Reaction score
And that's their fault? Warner still deserves the award more than Brees or Portis.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
You can't really judge how good they are when they play terrible teams.

Warner has still played good and I give him credit for what he's done this year but I don't think he'll get it.

We can sit here and make assumptions but none of us know. So we can sit here disagreeing with each other all we want because in the end we'll probably both be wrong.

eLeMeNOhPe

Reaction score

except their running game is dead last in the NFL, if they had one, they would probably have more wins. it's pretty easy to defend against a team when you know they are going to throw it.

Also, they might have great WRs, but what did Leinart do with them? if they are so great (which i am not saying they aren't) how come Leinart couldn't do anything? Gotta hand it to Warner in this situation.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I put Kurt Warner. I personally think that he has Kept this team alive, especially when he was in contention during the Pre-Season with QB Matt Leinart.

He's been phenomenal this season, hitting not just 1, not 2, but 3 receivers so many times for so much yardage, that all 3 of them (Fitzgerald, Boldin, and Breaston) have a great shot at 1k yards. Fitz already has it. In 3 less games, Boldin has i believe somewhere aroundthe high 900's and Breaston is I believe somewhere around 750-850. Not many QB's can pull that off.

Also (not no list) but I wouldn't sell Brandon Jacobs short. Great yardage, hasnt been getting injured, has incredible speed for his size, uses his size towards his advantage, and has a great yardage/carry this year. He's also joins a few others at the top of the list for most rushing TD's this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%