So Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend never existed

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He may be a dick for creating a fake story, but the everyone is really just butt-hurt because they blindly believed the story. It took an entire year for someone to piece this puzzle together? That is absolutely mind numbing.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
from one Polynesian to another. Can't trust these guys.

I swear to god I saw a seinfeld episode about this . Kramer sold his life to J Peterman and Kramer eventually bought his stories back, but then Peterman put those stories in his book unwillingly so Kramer did the Reality Bus Tour claiming he was "the real Peterman".

So, like, this woman existed and possibly, although I doubt it, met this Reagan Mauia fella and that she was related to this Tuiasosopo guy, who then later on, in on it with Te'o, used her name with fake pictures to concoct this whole hoax of a relationship where she chatted with him on the phone for countless hours and even flew to Hawaii but was never actually "real".

i think i got it... idk.

PS. But i'm really curious. If she was actually real.... did she actually die?
Apparently he got a call from someone who sounded just like her from the same number that he associated with her saying she wasn't dead at the CFB awards weekend

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He may be a dick for creating a fake story, but the everyone is really just butt-hurt because they blindly believed the story. It took an entire year for someone to piece this puzzle together? That is absolutely mind numbing.
I read that the city the girls funeral was supposedly in doesn't exist either. If that's true, how did nobody catch on to that and make it public?

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Apparently he got a call from someone who sounded just like her from the same number that he associated with her saying she wasn't dead at the CFB awards weekend
i already said he got catfished

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Oh God, please no lol.
Tebow, Te'o on the same team with Rex Ryan as the coach. The world would explode.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
and they have a horrible tv show on mtv about it.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol, I had no clue what this "catfish" nonsense was either.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
and they have a horrible tv show on mtv about it.
have you watched it? its actually hilarious. the shit people do is crazy. tons of pictures of other people, multiple fake profiles, fake cell phone numbers.

talk about mental problems lol.

idk what's worse tho, the people who do all of the fake stuff or the people who believe it all.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
yea i watched it. shit was garbage haha

SaintFan25

#JK25
Reaction score
I read that the city the girls funeral was supposedly in doesn't exist either. If that's true, how did nobody catch on to that and make it public?
They said it was in Carson City, California. While Carson City doesn't exist, there is a Carson, California. I'm sure most people just thought of it as a mistake and that's why no one made the connection.

SaintFan25

#JK25
Reaction score
Just saw on ESPN, I guess this entirely different family is claiming the guy accused of playing the hoax on Te'o (Ronaiah Tuiasosopo) actually did it to them before using the same name and the same pictures and he confessed to doing it to them. Guess he really was catfished.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%