So Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend never existed

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
http://deadspin.com/5976517/manti-teos-dead-girlfriend-the-most-heartbreaking-and-inspirational-story-of-the-college-football-season-is-a-hoax

Manti, you got some 'splainin to do

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I was on my way to post this, somebody definitely has some explaining to do.

Only thing I can think of is Lennay Kekua was not her real name?

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I was on my way to post this, somebody definitely has some explaining to do.

Only thing I can think of is Lennay Kekua was not her real name?
CATFISH

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Or he's a <Censored>
Probably.

It wouldn't surprise me if he played it off like he was "tricked" by this person to protect his reputation.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Oh no, I think it was a hoax by Te'o and his buddy that got out of hand.

Actually, am I too got a gay vibe from that article.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bruce Feldman ?@BFeldmanCBS RT @jdubs88 Manti Te'o has lost thousands of fans in the past 10 minutes but has gained one very prominent one: Lance Armstrong.
lol

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
all i got was the catfish vibe!

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/01/16/notre-dame-statement-manti-teo-was-victim-of-a-hoax/

I'm sure

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
So his statement is that someone pulled the old multiple year fake long-term relationship death one on him? Gosh I hate when that happens.

but in all seriousness Deadspin covered all the angles. they even got all the sources of where they supposedly met (not on the internet) and that she even flew out to Hawaii to visit him on a few occasions.

Simply the most bizarre, unbelievable and amazing story I've ever read.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Some of the twitter responses and pics to this is priceless lol

[background=rgb(237, 237, 237)]Uzoma Nwachukwu @7sbackkkTX [/background]

[background=rgb(237, 237, 237)]Also. Since everybody's being honest. I made up this whole Uzoma Nwachukwu thing. My name is Arnold Barthalomue James III. I am 37 years old.[/background]

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Nev from the show Catfish said he's already been in touch with the woman behind this and the possibility of him being on the show is real.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Reagan Mauia, an Arizona Cardinals fullback, said he believes Kekua existed because he met her in person when he and other Polynesian teammates and Pittsburgh Steelers star Troy Polamalu went to do charity work in American Samoa in June 2011.

"This was before her and Manti," Mauia said Wednesday evening. "I don't think Manti was even in the picture, but she and I became good friends. We would talk off and on, just checking up on each other kind of thing. I am close to her family. When she was going through the loss of her father, I was -- I offered a comforting shoulder and just someone to bounce her emotions off. That was just from meeting her in Samoa."

Mauia said Tuiasosopo -- whom Mauia believes is Kekua's cousin -- introduced the two. After the initial meeting, Mauia said he met her at an "after-party" for all of the athletes involved in the camp.

"She was tall," he said. "Volleyball-type of physique. She was athletic, tall, beautiful. Long hair. Polynesian. She looked like a model ... "

He said it is his understanding that Kekua's mother is operating her Twitter account. He said he'd never met her mother. When told by a reporter that she apparently might not have existed, Mauia said: "No, she is real."
ESPN

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
from one Polynesian to another. Can't trust these guys.

I swear to god I saw a seinfeld episode about this . Kramer sold his life to J Peterman and Kramer eventually bought his stories back, but then Peterman put those stories in his book unwillingly so Kramer did the Reality Bus Tour claiming he was "the real Peterman".

So, like, this woman existed and possibly, although I doubt it, met this Reagan Mauia fella and that she was related to this Tuiasosopo guy, who then later on, in on it with Te'o, used her name with fake pictures to concoct this whole hoax of a relationship where she chatted with him on the phone for countless hours and even flew to Hawaii but was never actually "real".

i think i got it... idk.

PS. But i'm really curious. If she was actually real.... did she actually die?

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't think, according to the deadspin article there is no obituary for her or any record of that wreck she supposedly got in before.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%