2016 NFL Draft Thread

JJ94

Reaction score
More lol

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/707610357926371328

(actually rooting for Daniel to go full Brian Hoyer)

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
There are many far worse options than Daniel as a backup QB.  Solid move

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Full on Brian Hoyer: convince a team you're good relative to the shit you've been experiencing lately, but soon realize he sucks too, just not as much.

JJ94

Reaction score
elcheato said:
Full on Brian Hoyer: convince a team you're good relative to the shit you've been experiencing lately, but soon realize he sucks too, just not as much.

Daniel's got two play-off kneels under his belt. #respect

And looks a bit like Big Ben.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm so ready for Zeke on the Eagles.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
ohio state pro day today, being televised on ESPN and NFL Network I think. 

JJ94

Reaction score
Saw some videos of Braxton working out shirtless.

Take the man #1 already.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jalen Ramsey is suddenly going 1st overall in a ton of mocks. Seeing Tunsil drop to San Diego. 

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Just smoke screen to increase the Titans's trade value

If the Titans stay at 1, they are taking Tunsil

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Just smoke screen to increase the Titans's trade value

If the Titans stay at 1, they are taking Tunsil

They can get a stellar OT at pick 32. Jalen would add a lot to a pretty awful secondary.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Jalen Ramsey, while I love him, is a bit overrated. He's great but not #1 overall great.

I have Tunsil as my third best LT prospect since 2008, behind Jake Long and Tyron Smith

Ramsey won't fix the Titans defense, and the value for safeties is the 2nd round. You protect Mariota on both right and left of the line (I thought Lewan was best suited for RT anyways) and you'll win games. Not picking Tunsil is such a mistake

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Here's a thought:

Goff/Wentz/Lynch = Ryan/Flacco/Freeman?

The similarities are there. Obviously, they're each slightly different from their comparison. Goff has a weaker arm than Ryan, but neither has a cannon. Wentz is more athletic than Flacco and while he doesn't have Flacco's perfect deep ball, his intermediate passing is better (this is due to playing with shitty receivers who forced him to make tight-window throws over and over and over again), Lynch is that raw but mesmerizing physical prospect who has to decide that he wants to put the work in. 

We're looking at a QB class that very much resembles a past one. 

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I like all three of this class better than that 08 class (granted I'm not huge on Ryan but still)

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
To me it's more Wentz and Lynch are very similar to Luck and Tannehill

Goff doesn't really have a great comp from that draft

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
I think what bugs me most about Goff comparisons is people constantly saying ARod because they both went to Cal. Goff's biggest criticism so far is arm strength, which negates the ARod comparison immediately. If the guy can't roll out either way and fling it 60 yards with ease, there's no comparison to ARod, haha.

I can see the comparisons to Luck and Tannehil. I was just drawing the comparison of precision passer in Goff, every-wanted-trait FCS Prospect in Wentz, and the sheer physical ability of Lynch. 

I think Wentz is easily the prospect with the highest ceiling since Luck, without question. Maybe Jameis is in that conversation, too, but when we talk about Jameis, we're talking about a guy who doesn't keep himself in the best physical shape possible so can he reach his ceiling? I don't know. 

I think Goff's arm strength limitations will show up, even if he's got a decent arm. Those passes that nose dive aren't going to stop nose diving. As for Lynch, I think he needs to go somewhere to be groomed (thinking Dallas or Arizona, maybe New England, even, if he drops that far). I don't think he can step in and start at all. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%