Gonzo not certain to play beyond 2010 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooche

Reaction score
Tony Gonzalez tells FoxSports.com's Alex Marvez that there is roughly a "50-50" chance he will retire after the 2010 season.
"It is year to year," Gonzalez said. "I could play another three or four years. I know I could ... Yeah, I’d probably come back but you never know. I’m going to wait." Gonzalez is in phenomenal shape, under contract through 2011, and in search of a Super Bowl ring. He admits the rigors of training camp could be influencing his current outlook. If we had to guess, we suspect he will play at least one more season. Of course, we said the same thing about Kurt Warner at the end of last year. Aug. 17 - 1:13 pm et
Source: FoxSports.com

Not surprising to me, honestly. I love the guy, he is a great player and he is still playing at a high level, but your body can only take so much pounding. Going to be interesting to see what kind of numbers he can put up with Matt Ryan this season.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
I love Tony, I wish he'd come coach at Tampa.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I hope he plays his last season In Kansas City where he belongs.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
He should sign a one day contract there and retire a Chief.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's working with something thats been overused. It'll be straight for him. I love this guy buttttt his body can't take much more of a beating so I think he'll retire and retire as one of the greats at the TE position.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
One of? He's top-5 tight-ends of all time behind Mackey, Winslow, and Newsome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%