Stoudemire Wants Woodson To Make Commitment To Frontcourt

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

Stoudemire Wants Woodson To Make Commitment To Frontcourt

Amar'e Stoudemire knows his contract will not allow him to leave the New York Knicks, and he plans to meet with Mike Woodson to explain how he, Carmelo Anthony and Tyson Chandler can coexist.

“We never gave it a chance,” Stoudemire said after Indiana’s 106-99 victory eliminated the Knicks from the postseason. “So I think just the opportunity of allowing them to understand exactly what my style of play is and what I bring to the table is something that I think I’m going to have to sit down with Coach Woody and express to him."

Stoudemire has two years remaining on his uninsured contract and is nearly impossible to trade. He played just six minutes on Saturday.

“It’s tough, it’s tough,” Stoudemire said. “It’s never easy to sit there and watch. But again, it’s Coach’s decision."

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
hes gonna commit to amare on the bench

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Amare played great this year when he was on the floor...

somebody had to watch him aside from myself and co-sign..

But this year I FINALLY seen him and Melo running the pick and roll/pop they can co-exist... as for him and tyson... idk

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
i  an co-sign with you on that Dez. he really did look much better out on the court this year. He'll never be a full-time starter for us again and that's fine, but he can co-exist with Melo if they both commit to running some quicker plays and not just isolating. Woodson really does have a hard time getting awya from his habits and doesn't make good adjustments on the offensive end -- we saw it Saturday night with his inability to realize Prigioni & Shumpert were better on the floor than JR & Felton. that night he needed those two out on the floor, together, down the stretch. and we failed because we kept JR out there. 

Amar'e however will never co-exist with Chandler unless chandler tries to develop some range to his offensive game. Unless he does, no center is ever leaving that paint open, and a P&R for Amar'e becomes twice as difficult. 

PS. i have no idea what type of contract Prigioni got but he needs to be back. 

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah I like Woody, but in-game adjustments is one thing he lacks as a coach.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
i love his adjustments on the defensive end but saturday in the 4th quarter he was suddenly going back to isolation plays over and over again. mindblowing. 

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Prigioni definitely needs to be back because he is one of the few ball movers New York has.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%