Official 2011 Trade Deadline Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Funniest shit I have heard in a long time. Maybe more than what Eklund says:

Don't jump down my throat. I'm not labeling this as a rumour because there is no written source, it's just what I am hearing.

The Sens have let it be known that if their pick is not a top-2 pick, that they are open to trading it. They want a goalie and a top forward prospect that can step in and play with Spezza right away.

A proposal has been made to Toronto involving the Sens first pick for Kadri, Reimer and McKegg. I also know they are talking with Boston but don't know the details. Maybe Rask/Lucic?

Anyways, no need to call me out. I'm not predicting anything here...I'm just sharing what I've heard. No replies necessary, its just something you may want to keep in your back pocket.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=869558
Why would we trade our top prospect (Kadri), a guy who is having a strong year in the CHL (McKegg) and our top goalie prospect for a top five pick in a weak draft. SMH

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why would the Bruins even think about moving Rask or Lucic? lol

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
As soon as I saw Kadri, Reimer and McKegg I stopped reading.

Yeah I have no idea especially for that pick.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Thrashers looking to move Antropov, Hainsey and Modin

Via Darren Dreger's Twitter

On the day word leaks Atl is willing to move Antropov, Hainsey and Modin. All 3 factor in the gwg in a 1-0 win over the Capitals.
Antropov could bring back a significant return, however I can only imagine the Thrashers wanting roster players in return.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I guess it's part of the rebuild but I think they should hold on to Antropov. Modin should attract interest, especially at a fair $1.5M. Hainsey's the hardest to move with his pretty hefty contract.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Darren Dreger was reporting on Sportscentre that the Leafs have some big moves planned.

He said we're looking for a number one centre, top line left winger and a number one goalies. He also says we have the assets to make a big splash.

----

Hopefully he is right, and maybe Leafs nation will wake up to another January 31st surprise like last year.

Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score
I would not want to see Antropov back in Toronto

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Nothing thread worthy

RT @TSNBobMcKenzie: Matt Walker (PHI) and Ales Kotalik (CGY) on waivers.

I can't really see either getting claimed.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Baggs, how would you feel about Chris Phillips being traded to the Bruins?

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Did you hear this somewhere or are you just asking regarding a rumor?

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Oh, well it's the first I'm hearing of it honestly. No one around here has posted anything but I'm sure there's interest.

I do like Phillips but, given how much he's making and his stats this season, it depends on what they'd have to give up. If it's minor prospects and/or picks, I'm okay. Guys like Boychuk, Colborne, Caron, etc., I think it'd be a bad move.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Leafs/Devils rumour going around. I don't like it all for the Leafs. SMH if its true.

To Devils
Gunnarsson
Versteeg
Reimer
2nd rounder this year or next year.

To Leafs
Brian Rolston
1st rounder in 2011
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p=30551510#post30551510

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Speculation is that Fisher and Phillips have been asked to waived their NTC

A Quick Update
Plenty of rumours swirling around the Senators this weekend but nothing we haven't already heard.

I've been told that both Phillips and Fisher have at least been approached about the possibility of a trade. Both are apparently hesitant about the idea but that's to be expected for two guys that have been with the organization for so long.

Murray won't rush any of this though. We'll hear plenty of speculation around the team the next little while but I expect the Senators to hold off until a little closer to the deadline.

Hope to have more of an update tomorrow morning.

Enjoy the All Star game!
http://www.senschirp.ca/

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Leafs/Devils rumour going around. I don't like it all for the Leafs. SMH if its true.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p=30551510#post30551510
PLEASE - PLEASE - PLEASE

Weak draft coming up, I could care less about a top 3 pick. I love Versteeg and would fit well into the new ultra-passing scheme of offense Lamaire is putting together.

The Leafs can't win with what they have no anyways...so they're probably not looking forward to watching the first round of the draft again, no pick, and then Rolston gives them a hefty cap dump within a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%