2017-2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoachAF

Reaction score
Just read an article on MLBTR about Andrew Miller and the impact of his 4/36 mil deal he signed with the Yankees back in the 14/15 off-season. Cracks me up. The Astros offered him more money and he left it on the table because they didnt have as good of a chance at winning as the Yankees did. Hehe. Not only did the Astros make the playoffs that next season and dismiss Miller and the Yankees, but they went on to win the World Series WITHOUT him. I wonder if he would change his mind if he could go back in time. 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I could be wrong but didn't he just want to play for the Yankees, period? I don't think it was a winning thing. Maybe CC knows more. Chime in friend

brett05

Reaction score
And Miller was a rain delay away from winning without the Astros or the Yankees.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
Coach said:
Just read an article on MLBTR about Andrew Miller and the impact of his 4/36 mil deal he signed with the Yankees back in the 14/15 off-season. Cracks me up. The Astros offered him more money and he left it on the table because they didnt have as good of a chance at winning as the Yankees did. Hehe. Not only did the Astros make the playoffs that next season and dismiss Miller and the Yankees, but they went on to win the World Series WITHOUT him. I wonder if he would change his mind if he could go back in time. 
I know the Astros are a good team, but they're not the only good team.  I see you making a lot of statements against the Yankees, but they are still a very great ballclub Andrew Miller aside.  I wouldn't call them out because I think they very well may beat the Astros this year.  I doubt the Stros repeat or are even in the World Series again. 

CoachAF

Reaction score
Wasnt a shot at the Yankees at all. Could be that he just wanted to play for the Yankees, but he turned down 4 million more dollars to sign in New York. Im just being salty.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
Coach said:
Wasnt a shot at the Yankees at all. Could be that he just wanted to play for the Yankees, but he turned down 4 million more dollars to sign in New York. Im just being salty.
Works for me, I don't have to see him play the Sox.

I'd rather have Chap, I mean Chokeman anyway.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Gardenhire is starting Jordan Zimmermann on opening day over Fulmer because Zimm "deserves it." "Deserving" apparently means being the worst starter in the American League over the past two years. Gardy is gonna be what keeps me interested in the Tigers this year. He's so comically old school and set in his ways, he's perfect for a team that's in the tank.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Tank mode sounds good to me. I'd be fine with a couple years of losing

CoachAF

Reaction score
Tanking is no fun. And if you dont have a front office who actually knows what you are doing you can turn into the Pirates or Padres really fast. I don't recommend it for every team. The Detroit fan base is one of the strongest in the country. It's very underrated. They deserve better than a full tank job. Detroit can actually rebuild and not completely tear down the team to do so. 

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm ok with being terrible, as long as it doesn't become a ten, fifteen year thing. The quick rebuild is doable, I just don't know if this Tigers front office could pull it off.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
they'll either get impatient and start overpaying for guys during free agency or trade whatever assets they've gotten for aging veterans. 

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
This literally applies to us every season.

https://youtu.be/0mkMJre_PbE

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Justin Turner just broke his wrist thanks to a HBP
Ugh. Good thing we have depth but this sucks

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
Mexi said:
Justin Turner just broke his wrist thanks to a HBP
Ugh. Good thing we have depth but this sucks
That's why I never count my chickens before they hatch. He's not going to come back and hit .330 like last year, might not even break .300 at his age. Last year was a career year, basically a gift.

Who's the depth behind him? Forsythe is good, pretty underrated, but I don't see him as a full-time guy, just like Rich Hill.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Uh Kiké Hernandez, Andrew toles in the outfield, joc pederson, remember Chris Taylor can play 2nd
Utley, Austin Barnes(top 10 catchers), Kyle farmer (also catcher) will get time

Dodgers will be fine. And Rich hill won't make 30 starts by design, again. We've been over this. Probably only Kershaw will get 30 starts if he's healthy.

And get ready for Walker buehler. Stud. Reminds me of lincecum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%