https://youtube.com/watch?v=nlcIKh6sBtc

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Definitely an unbelievable team

werebarret

Reaction score
Man I grew up in a shitty little town in western Kansas. About a 5 hour drive from KC. No one else liked the royals growing up. All of my friends always told me I was stupid for watching the royals. The Joe Buck, Matt Stairs, Mark Teahen, Jose Lima, Jeremy Affeldt years. David DeJesus. I can't even remember all of the shifty players we had.

I remember once I watched line 9 games in a row and we lost them all. Start to finish. I used to get in my dads truck and listen to the radio because his big ass antenna could get KC AM stations and I could listen to the games. The first 6 games I went to we lost. The first playoff game I went to (game 7 of the WS) we lost. We lost and lost and lost and I still can't believe that these last two years aren't a dream I've yet to wake up from yet.

I love baseball. I don't think being a sports fan will ever get any better for me.

#TookTheCrown #ForeverRoyal

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lol a mets friend of mine is getting pissed cause i said the mets had to met eventually. It was too good to be true

Bringing up the dodgers like i gaf

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
werebarret said:
Man I grew up in a shitty little town in western Kansas. About a 5 hour drive from KC. No one else liked the royals growing up. All of my friends always told me I was stupid for watching the royals. The Joe Buck, Matt Stairs, Mark Teahen, Jose Lima, Jeremy Affeldt years. David DeJesus. I can't even remember all of the shifty players we had.
I remember once I watched line 9 games in a row and we lost them all. Start to finish. I used to get in my dads truck and listen to the radio because his big ass antenna could get KC AM stations and I could listen to the games. The first 6 games I went to we lost. The first playoff game I went to (game 7 of the WS) we lost. We lost and lost and lost and I still can't believe that these last two years aren't a dream I've yet to wake up from yet.
I love baseball. I don't think being a sports fan will ever get any better for me.
Thats what sports are all about
Go splurge on royals series gear

My biggest dream is to buy a world series patch on the field dodger hat
One day

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wait, espn brought back Schilling? Lmao

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Mexi said:
Lol a mets friend of mine is getting pissed cause i said the mets had to met eventually. It was too good to be true

Bringing up the dodgers like i gaf
It's just like the blow jays.

They were bound to blow eventually

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i have never in my life seen a team like that. In any sport. They practically begged to be down 2-3 runs going into the late innings. Its almost as if they toyed with the rest of the league. Watching them go from that bad to winning the championship it was like watching one really really long amazing great movie. So many memorable moments the last two years you almost forget a lot of them. Everything is just so great right now tho. What a freaking team

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Royals deserved the win and played great but the Mets essentially tanked two games, especially last night

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Congratulations to the Kansas City Royals, they played a great series and made a great championship run. I was very nervous about playing them and it wasnt because of their great defense, amazing bullpen, or ability to put the ball in play. What I was most afraid of was their resiliency when down late in games. No lead is safe against them and I knew that the Royals would put the ball in play against a below average defensive team like the Mets. Way too many defensive errors in the series lead to their demise

From the Cespedes misplay with the first pitch in the series, Wrights throw to first which Duda got off the bag to catch, the Murphy misplay to tie the game in game 4, and finally Dudas bad throw. You cant make those mistakes against the Royals because they will always make you pay. The bullpen for the Mets was also shaky at best and was also a contributing factor.

Overall, the Mets exceeded my expectations beyond what I imagined. I truly believed 84 wins and 2nd place in the NL East wouldve been a good stepping stone. Winning the division, beating the Dodgers, then the Cubs was amazing, but losing the World Series in that manner is pretty devastating because those opportunities arent very frequent. I love where the Mets are at though: Degrom has only played 2 full years, Harvey as well, Noah less than a year, and Matz less than 15 starts. There is so much more potential for these guys to achieve and its insane to think what they can do with all that experience they had this year in the postseason. And thats not even including Zach Wheeler who is another great pitcher who will be ready next year. But they need to improve up the middle defensively and add more legitimate bullpen arms to act as a strong bridge to Familia. Theres always next year lol

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
werebarret said:

gotta love sports man

werebarret

Reaction score
Rios said:
Holy the turnout though
yeah, a friend of mine tried to go. he lives about 18 miles away, it took him like two hours to get halfway and then he said 'fuck this' and drove home.  500k is the estimate, which is about a quarter of the metro area.

having to cling to hope that guys like mark teahen will save your franchise for years does that to you 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%