2015 MLB Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
elcheato said:
Trout is gonna win unanimously, I'm just impressed with Brantley, he improved a lot this year.

I thought Vmart was done before the season too, and he was great
he put up a  super good season this year, damn.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Teagz said:
Player A: .327/.385/.506
Player B: .271/.333/.525

It's not that bad if you look at it without bias.
Player B led the league in home runs and was up there in RBI's, his team made the playoffs, not surprising to see a tigers fan knock Nelson Cruz though

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Player B led the league in home runs and was up there in RBI's, his team made the playoffs, not surprising to see a tigers fan knock Nelson Cruz though
he wasn't knocking him

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Hitting 40 home runs isn't getting you MVP votes, you know that. Chris Davis hit 53 last year and got one 1st place vote. And just because Cruz's team was more successful doesn't make his season any better than it would have been if the Orioles didn't make the playoffs.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
The award is most valuable player. If you aren't factoring in team success at least a bit then you aren't looking at it right.

Either way, without Nelson Cruz, the Orioles don't make the playoffs this year. I can tell you that for a fact and I'm sure Buck would say the same thing. With or without Brantley, the Indians don't make the playoffs. Who did more?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
The award is most valuable player. If you aren't factoring in team success at least a bit then you aren't looking at it right.

Either way, without Nelson Cruz, the Orioles don't make the playoffs this year. I can tell you that for a fact and I'm sure Buck would say the same thing. With or without Brantley, the Indians don't make the playoffs. Who did more?
So Brantley did not impact the Indians? Made no difference in their success?

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Real question is how much do you factor in success? 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
What success? They didn't make the playoffs.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Thomas-Panda-Saxby said:
I agree with CC there. I used the same argument against Trout

So trout, regardless of his performance, loses points because his team had talent around him? That's insane. 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I think he was talking about trout the past two years

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
What success? They didn't make the playoffs.
So he had no impact at all on the game because the Indians had less talent around him than the Orioles had around Cruz? 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I'm honestly not even that convinced that your above statement is true given how many players missing the Orioles had this year. 

Mobruler

Wolves
Reaction score
Tigers need to re-sign V-Mart at all costs. Especially considering he's threatening to go to another team in the division. They need to act like a team that wants to win the World Series, something they didn't do last season. Nobody will ever convince me the Tigers wouldn't have won it all this year if they hadn't done the Fister trade and re-signed Peralta and Benoit. Not getting Martinez back would be apocalyptic.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
I'm honestly not even that convinced that your above statement is true given how many players missing the Orioles had this year. 
Based on offensive and pitching stats, that's fair to say, but the AL East was much weaker this year while the central was at least somewhat competitive this year.

o's fielding is a lot better than the indians though.
Thomas-Panda-Saxby said:
Yes CC I was talking the years that people put him over Miggy.
the tigers had a much better roster than the angels did. it's not his fault his team didn't make the post season during those two years he was robbed of a mvp.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Triple Crown is a rare achievement but that doesn't make someone the automatic MVP, as we have better stats than AVG and RBIs as indicators. 

Also, earlier I wasn't even saying if Brantley deserved the irrelevant #3 spot instead of Cruz anyway. I just think it's silly to dismiss a candidate and elevate another because one team made the post-season. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%