The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
apparently they are discussing Snyder for Overbay

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd love Barajas to be resigned. He's such an underrated defensive catcher who could also hit homeruns.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Twins pick up Michael Cuddyer's option for 2011

Benny21

Reaction score
Bengie's going to the Mets! We love overpaid, old, and useless players, lol. Jk, idk but we definitely need another catcher and the Mets are considering Bengie, Barajas, and Torrealba.
Try being a giants fan...

Bengie..
Winn...
Renteria...
The Unit...
Rowand...

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Try being a giants fan...

Bengie..
Winn...
Renteria...
The Unit...
Rowand...
Randy has stated he doesn't want to come back as a reliever so I think he's done, especially if the Giants re-sign Penny.

Winn had a terrible year so he's basically done...at least in SF

Rowand's coming back of course

Benny21

Reaction score
Randy has stated he doesn't want to come back as a reliever so I think he's done, especially if the Giants re-sign Penny.

Winn had a terrible year so he's basically done...at least in SF

Rowand's coming back of course
Yeah, facepalm

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rowand is great defensively thats why I like him. He can still hit like he did in 07 but thats unlikely out there in San Francisco. AT&T Park puts him at a disadvantage

BTW that Sosa photo seriously scared me

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Dude Sammy Sosa looks disgusting...... wtf happened....

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ya man Sosa looks hella scary.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rowand sucks...
Yet Bochy/Sabean refuse to realize this because he's a "gamer"
Rowand was in a hitting park all of his career. His hitting just didn't...doesn't translate to AT&T Park. He's still a good contact hitter but thats not what everyone wants him to be. Those 27 homers in 07 is what he was predicted to replicate. Look at his last 2 seasons in SF, yeah his numbers got worse.

I'll go as far as saying he's a good player on the wrong team. Still a great leader and great defensive outfielder though. He doesn't "suck", he just can't live up to his contract...hitting wise

Benny21

Reaction score
Rowand was in a hitting park all of his career. His hitting just didn't...doesn't translate to AT&T Park. He's still a good contact hitter but thats not what everyone wants him to be. Those 27 homers in 07 is what he was predicted to replicate. Look at his last 2 seasons in SF, yeah his numbers got worse.

I'll go as far as saying he's a good player on the wrong team. Still a great leader and great defensive outfielder though. He doesn't "suck", he just can't live up to his contract...hitting wise
He can't live up to his contract - period. If his UZR was Randy Winn/Ishikawa status, then I might give him the benefit of the doubt, but it's a measly 1.3. For his contract and lack of offensive performance, I want at LEAST an 8 UZR.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He can't live up to his contract - period. If his UZR was Randy Winn/Ishikawa status, then I might give him the benefit of the doubt, but it's a measly 1.3. For his contract and lack of offensive performance, I want at LEAST an 8 UZR.
1.3 UZR for him last year...8 would have been better yes but I think its fine

If he can add some more power to the lineup next year then I'd be fine with keeping him longer. Seriously, he's a good contact hitter but its just the park

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
.261 AVG?
Yeah I know he's capable of hitting better than that. He hit like .270 in 2008 and that wasn't good for me

I usually give a player 3 years before I give up on them haha. I like Rowand and this is the deciding year

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Omg I just made an amazing Mets offseason plan. It looks really good and rather legit, lol.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So you're just gonna tease us rather than showing us?

iInsulin

Reaction score
I'll only be happy if the Mets sign either Holliday or Bay and Lackey. This past season was a disgrace to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%