Wentz/Prescott

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
This discussion was inevitable. State your opinion on who has been the better player so far.

In my opinion, Carson has been noticeably better because he's been given more freedom. He can make dangerous throws when he needs to whereas Dak has such a great offense around him that he can just take what the defense gives him.

Dak doesn't have Carson's ball placement but I have no doubt that he can make a wider range of throws than he's currently being allowed to. He also doesn't need to make nearly as many LOS adjustments and calls as Carson does. Again, this has more to do with who's around him than any deficiency on his part.

Dak drives a luxury car; Carson tows an old beater to the finish line every week.

For right now, the better player is Wentz without question, but I think Dak closes the gap as he's given more freedom in the offense.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I agree with what you said. They both are somewhat sheltered due to the structure of their offenses, but when they have to operate outside of the structure Wentz has been the more impressive of the two and I'd take him over Dak right now and going forward.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
I don't think Wentz has been all that sheltered, but the QB Triumvirate that's coaching him has clearly been an advantage.. In today's NFL, short throws are the majority of throws. Does it make the game kind of boring? Yes. On the other hand, he's throwing plenty of longer passes--the Eagles WRs are just dropping most of them. It's fucking annoying. 

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?
Reaction score
Wow the overreactions to Wentz having, what was it, 3 good games (?) are astounding.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
cavsfan817 said:
Wow the overreactions to Wentz having, what was it, 3 good games (?) are astounding.
at my workplace i made a bet with everyone during their bye on how they would end up

i chose 6-10, the average was 12-4 lol

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
at my workplace i made a bet with everyone during their bye on how they would end up

i chose 6-10, the average was 12-4 lol

12-4 from WENTZ? That's outrageous and just laughable. I can see how that ended up though because even "experts" were fooled by his hot start against shitty teams.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
They had just beaten the Steelers by like 4 touchdowns at the time

many people just saw 3-0 and recently beating Pittsburgh and figured they were a star team. i saw it as a fluke against Leveon-less PIT and two wins against Chicago and Cleveland lol

but more people than not thought they'd be good after their bye

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They had their issues after the bye, but they could have ended up with a few more wins with some better luck in close games. Wentz struggling in crucial games down the stretch really ended up hurting them, as well as the defense falling back down to Earth, which had more of an impact in my opinion. 

Going forward, I think Wentz really needs to clean up his mechanics and his footwork. Some of the improvements he had made in the offseason completely faded away as the year went and he reverted back to his old habits. He showed some flaws, but I think it's too early to write him off completely.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Just because he didn't win 12 games doesnt mean he isn't a great prospect. He still showed serious flashes of brilliance

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I really liked some of the peaks he had this year. He made some wow plays, but he was pretty inconsistent from game to game, and even play to play. I'm waiting to let his development play out before jumping to any conclusions, but a lot of the film junkies I follow on twitter have been killing him for weeks now.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
I really hate this comparison, because I think you swap these two players and the results in Dallas are similar but I don't think Dak ever makes Philadelphia look all that good, even in stretches. Dak Prescott might win ORotY but he is without a doubt an anomaly in that he faced so little adversity as a rookie QB. I think he's a good player...in Dallas. You put him in a shitty situation somewhere and we haven't even heard his name yet. All these re-drafts putting him at #1 are laughable. He'd have been shit in LA. He'd have been shit in Philly. He'd have been shit in San Fran. He'd have been shit in Cleveland.

The best thing he did all season was stay healthy, and I'll give him props for not turning the ball over, but that's partially due to never needing to take risks. 

Carson Wentz and Philadelphia fell apart after the bye, and after Lane Johnson went on suspension. Lane Johnson is, quite frankly, an incredible player and his absence was glaring. He returned in what, week 16? All of a sudden Wentz and Philadelphia's offense looks much better again. 

The Eagles WRs/TEs dropped so many passes it was unbelievable. Many were touchdowns where these players were in the endzone already or had gained enough separation that they would have scored. I'm talking touchdowns. I'm talking 3rd down completions that would have extended drives. The collective cases of Dropsies among Philadelphia's pass catchers was absurd. 

Call me a homer. Call me blindly loyal to my home state, but I'd still take Wentz over Prescott and it's not a difficult decision. People are blinded by the fact that Dak Prescott drove a luxury car as a rookie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%