College Football Coaching Carousel

BRAAP!

Reaction score
These are the jobs that are currently open in college football, in order to most desirable in my opinion

USC- hired interim HC Clay Helton as the head coach
Georgia- hired Alabama DC Kirby Smart
Virginia Tech- Hired Memphis HC Justin Fuente
Miami- Hired former Georgia HC Mark Richt
South Carolina- hired Auburn DC Will Muschamp
BYU- hired Oregon St DC Kilani Sitake
Maryland- hired Michigan DC DJ Durkin
UCF- hired Oregon OC Scott Frost
Missouri- promoted DC Barry Odom to HC
Illinois- Hired interim coach Bill Cubit full time
Virginia- Hired BYU HC Bronco Mendenhall
Syracuse- Hired Bowling Green HC Dino Babers
Iowa State- Hired Toledo HC Matt Campbell
Memphis- hired Arizona st OC Mike Norvell
Rutgers- hired Ohio State DC Chris Ash
East Carolina- hired Duke OC Scottie Montgomery
Toledo-
Georgia Southern- Hired Colorado St DC Tyson Summers
Texas St-
Bowling Green- Hired Texas Tech RB coach Mike Jinks
Tulane- Hired Georgia Southern HC Willie Fritz
Ball St
North Texas- Hired UNC OC Seth Littrell
UL-Monroe
Hawaii- hired Nevada OC Nick Rolovich

BRAAP!

Reaction score
Stray32 said:
Missouri below UCF and Maryland? Lol gtfo
Missouri for certain is a better program than those two but it's not necessarily a better job at the moment. Missouri is knocked down a peg because it's going to be a really hard job for someone to follow up Pinkel. Pinkel is the best coach in the history of the program and if you don't come in and win immediately you're going to be very short tenured there. Maryland and UCF have solid recruiting grounds and low expectations that will allow an up and coming talent to really make a name for themselves. They also have a lot of money to toss around.

BRAAP!

Reaction score
Hawaii hired Nevada OC Nick Rolovich to be their next HC. He played quarterback at Hawaii in 2000-2001

BRAAP!

Reaction score
Virginia Tech is hiring Memphis HC Justin Fuente to be their next head coach. DC Bud Foster will remain on staff.

BRAAP!

Reaction score
Illinois singed interim HC Bill Cubit to a 2 year deal

Stray32

Reaction score
BRAAP! said:
Missouri for certain is a better program than those two but it's not necessarily a better job at the moment. Missouri is knocked down a peg because it's going to be a really hard job for someone to follow up Pinkel. Pinkel is the best coach in the history of the program and if you don't come in and win immediately you're going to be very short tenured there. Maryland and UCF have solid recruiting grounds and low expectations that will allow an up and coming talent to really make a name for themselves. They also have a lot of money to toss around.
Missouri has this thing called talent, and I think that comes before anything else. The SEC, hate it or love it, also provides a great deal of recruiting leverage, as does the recent success (this year notwithstanding). Expectations at Missouri will be lowered based on this year + Pinkel leaving, and success will be celebrated even if it's not a Pinkel level of success. Success correlates to long tenure more than low expectations does.

As far as recruiting goes, Missouri is the only FBS school in the state and a tally of recruits 3 star and up per year over the last 5 years divided by number of FBS schools in the state = Missouri 6th (Maryland is 7th); they've also done a great job of recruiting the surrounding/SEC states, and recruiting from Texas which has the highest number of 3 star or better recruits of any state. They also have a ton of money to toss around; idk where you're getting the idea that they don't ...

Lemme put it this way (combining all the above points) - Missouri has a chance at Les Miles. Maryland/UCF do not

nwuhockey

Reaction score
Missouri has aton of talent. They just suck at QB. Missouri has a QB. They just are not freaking using him. They wasted their time on Mauk and Locke and screwed the only kid the a good arm. Whoever the next coach is there need to take a seriously look at him or else I wouldnt be shocked if he left and went and started at another school next season.

Kirby Smart to UGA. Done deal.

BRAAP!

Reaction score
Bugsy said:
DJ Durkin is going to Maryland.
Pheww. This was very premature.

Apparently Mark Richt has been contacted by the Terps. He has a very close relationship with Maryland Athletics CFO Damon Evans

lilbravesfan22

Reaction score
BRAAP! said:
Pheww. This was very premature.

Apparently Mark Richt has been contacted by the Terps. He has a very close relationship with Maryland Athletics CFO Damon Evans
Let's gooo

BRAAP!

Reaction score
If the Terps are able to secure Mark Richt it would be huge. I'd hope he keeps Locksley around to maintain his recruiting presence in the DMV though.

If Miami fails to even get an interview with Richt that could be the final nail in the coffin on that program.

Lynch Mob

Banned
Reaction score
I don't think Richt gives Miami the time of day. He's too much like an Al Golden and it would be a disaster. Miami really needs to keep fingers crossed that Charlie Strong and Texas part ways. I think Maryland is a great fit for Richt. If I were the Big Ten, I'd be doing whatever possible to get him to the Terps. Same with Rutgers, they need to get that program back on track.

UCF is expected to hire Dino Babers from Bowling Green btw.

BRAAP!

Reaction score
Miami is expected to hire Butch Davis on Tuesday

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

BRAAP!

Reaction score
Flint said:
I don't think Richt gives Miami the time of day. He's too much like an Al Golden and it would be a disaster. Miami really needs to keep fingers crossed that Charlie Strong and Texas part ways. I think Maryland is a great fit for Richt. If I were the Big Ten, I'd be doing whatever possible to get him to the Terps. Same with Rutgers, they need to get that program back on track.

UCF is expected to hire Dino Babers from Bowling Green btw.
UCF hired Oregon OC Scott Frost instead

Lynch Mob

Banned
Reaction score
BRAAP! said:
UCF hired Oregon OC Scott Frost instead
Wow! Frost is a stellar hire for UCF. I said to some alumni buddies not long ago that it would take a younger, former player-type head coach to kick recruiting up a notch and get UCF into a better conference. UCF couldn't do squat on offense this year so the Oregon style of play is much welcomed into Orlando. Can't wait to see them play next season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%