Burress Blasts Giants, Reflects On Prison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
from;realgm
ESPN.com - In an interview with Men's Journal conducted after his release from prison in June, Plaxico Burress blasts Giants coach Tom Coughlin and quarterback Eli Manning, among others in and around the organization.

"After my situation happened, I turned on the TV, and the first words out his mouth was 'sad and disappointing,' " Burress said, according to the Men's Journal article, when asked about Coughlin's reaction after Burress accidentally shot himself in the leg at a New York City nightclub in November 2008.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Wow, Men's Journal seems to know how to get Athletes to say stupid things.

Although I do agree with his part about players like Eli not visiting him once while he was in prison. That's kind of a douchebag move by his teammates.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Yea it is pretty messed up, but I think he should try to move on.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Wow, Men's Journal seems to know how to get Athletes to say stupid things.

Although I do agree with his part about players like Eli not visiting him once while he was in prison. That's kind of a douchebag move by his teammates.
How is what he said stupid?

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/6949119/plaxico-burress-good-reason-disappointed-eli-manning-tom-coughlin

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
”After my situation happened, I turned on the TV, and the first words out his mouth was ‘sad and disappointing’,” Burress said. “I’m like, forget support — how about some concern? I did just have a bullet in my leg. And then I sat in his office, and he pushed back his chair and goes, ‘I’m glad you didn’t kill anybody!’ Man, we’re paid too much to be treated like kids. He doesn’t realize that we’re grown men and actually have kids of our own.”

That's pretty stupid, I'd say. he carries a run with him into a nightclub (real fatherly by the way) and shoots himself in the leg. Now he acts like his coach should be kissing his ass.

Or how about this gem about all the fans:

“What are you doing now? You still mad at your job? You still angry about your life? ‘Cause I’m back living my life and enjoying my family while you’re still doing the same thing.”

Oh yeah, that's not stupid at all. he's a self-centered egotistical asshole. His team was on a roll, virtually unstoppable that year. he goes and shoots himself in the leg and basically put a gun shot in the heads of the Giants hopes at another Super Bowl appearance.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Regardless of whether I agree or not w/Burress, anything Rob Parker says should be taken with a grain of salt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%