Tressel resigns from Ohio State

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I think Pryor is good as gone. To me, honestly, I wasn't a big fan of his anyways.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I can't believe he got like a bunch of cars...thats ridiculous...and no one caught it til now??? Somebody's been slacking.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I can't believe he got like a bunch of cars...thats ridiculous...and no one caught it til now??? Somebody's been slacking.
or nobody cares until the ncaa gets involved. Most of the time the colleges know about it but just dont say anything.

Oiler35

Reaction score
SG IS OFF THE BANDWAGON OF OHIO STATE IN 3....2....1.....
Still an OSU fan. Tressel was one of the best coaches in college football, and lead our program very well in the time he was here. As cheato said, we still have lots of options coaching-wise, especially with Urban Meyer being an Ohio-native.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Michigan fans are looking for any hope they can find... They are looking for whatever edge they can get, because the Buckeyes have simply owned them in the Tressel-Era. But in the end, the Buckeyes will still be a good football team and University. That will never change. This will set them back, there's no doubt about it, but they WILL be back. Both teams are going through a new transition, it will take some time.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Just more and more information coming out about this shit is just disgusting. They are going to be getting far worse punishment then what USC got I can tell you that. And no us michigan fans arent looking for any hope that we can find. We are just realists knowing that you guys are fucked because NCAA is gonna be dropping the bomb with sanctions against Ohio State.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, they are done for. At least the next few seasons.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Just more and more information coming out about this shit is just disgusting. They are going to be getting far worse punishment then what USC got I can tell you that. And no us michigan fans arent looking for any hope that we can find. We are just realists knowing that you guys are fucked because NCAA is gonna be dropping the bomb with sanctions against Ohio State.
yes you are lol

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I already said it will set them back but they will rebound, I'm not sure what more I can say than that. Sure, they are going to get punished pretty hard, but I have all the confidence in the world that they will rebound from this and will be strong in the future. It might take a few years, or possibly even more, but they will be back. Knocked down but not destroyed.

Buckeye Nation will live on!

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
yes you are lol
It's pretty obvious they are feeling pretty good about this whether they want to admit it or not. I'm sure most would admit it. The Buckeyes are their rival and most importantly a huge hurdle to get over. I'm sure most feel this is their chance "to pounce" while the Buckeyes are down. I can see why from their side. If the Buckeyes can get any advantage, I'd be happy, too.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah Im happy that Tressel is gone but Im talking about years after this. You guys are gonna have a hard time coming back from this for at least a few years, its that simple. And Jon Gruden or Urban wont want to go into a place that has a shit ton of sanctions on it. I would be surprised if they do go there.

Brutalis

"Take heart, or I will take it from you." - BN
Reaction score
Fuck OSU. Fuck Tressel.

Vacating wins is fucking stupid. Every win they got while cheating will be vacated according to new NCAA rules, and that means the teams they beat... still have to count that game as a loss even though it won't count as OSU won anymore.

That's the NCAA for you. Fucking dumb asses along with the BCS. Arkansas pays the ultimate price getting beat by cheaters twice in one year.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The opposing teams shouldn't just be handed the wins. Just because they vacated the wins from the other team doesn't change the fact that they still won the game on the field. Both teams lose, basically.

You can argue the opposite however. If an entire season gets vacated, then the teams that OSU lost to should get their win taken off the books since they were playing against an ineligible team... not that I think that should happen, just something to think about. lol

Brutalis

"Take heart, or I will take it from you." - BN
Reaction score
The opposing teams shouldn't just be handed the wins. Just because they vacated the wins from the other team doesn't change the fact that they still won the game on the field. Both teams lose, basically.
Did they lose or were they beat by players that shouldn't have been playing? Forfeiting those wins is what it should be instead of vacating is what I think.

The teams that lost to cheaters lost a lot more than just a game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%