Central Arkansas unveils their own colorful field

TTN2810

Reaction score
Players wont notice it. When you play football you're in a zone. It shouldn't affect them.

jrscfnk

Reaction score
Players wont notice it. When you play football you're in a zone. It shouldn't affect them.
I played football for nine years and i still coach it. When you completely, drastically change an aspect of the environment like that, it can have an affect, trust me.

For example, with Eastern Washington's field, when you're a running back in the open field, the field immediately jumps out at you before any players do. That red is fucking bright. Everything within the game happens very quickly and you can't underestimate the effect that visual things like that can have on the game. In the zone, sure. But a bright ass field like that is an integral part of the environment, and it makes a big difference.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ehh...I was trying to find quotes from players talking about it....but couldn't.

jrscfnk

Reaction score
It's a similar visual obstruction to the shit with the National Championship in hoops the other night with the dome.

TTN2810

Reaction score
I played football for 7 years too, getting back into it next year. But I've played football in the snow. The white is way brighter than the red, and the color of the snow wasn't what got in the way, it was the snow itself. So for me, it wouldn't have an impact.

Mooche

Reaction score
I played football for 7 years too, getting back into it next year. But I've played football in the snow. The white is way brighter than the red, and the the color of the snow wasn't what got in the way, it was the snow itself. So for me, it wouldn't have an impact.
Yes and no.. I basically agree. Up here in Canada, playing in the snow is like mandatory. Lol.

I mean, the toughest game for me personally was playing in the fog. That's just intense.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Fog is different than the color of the ground though. That's the problem being discussed here.

Mooche

Reaction score
Fog is different than the color of the ground though. That's the problem being discussed here.
I know, and you discussed snow falling, which is a physical problem.. I'm just saying, physical issues can effect a lot (snow, fog, etc.) but yes, the colour of the ground can too.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Nah, I didn't mean falling snow, I just meant the field itself being covered in the snow, making it white.
And the white ground didn't bother me, so personally a red, purple, blue, or whatever colored turf wouldn't bother me.

Brutalis

"Take heart, or I will take it from you." - BN
Reaction score
That red field is just ugly and gross. It's like something you'd do on photoshop, laugh with some friends but not actually do it.. wow..

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The mock up didn't seem bad, but seeing live images, it does look pretty lame. I'm not as big a fan anymore.

Brutalis

"Take heart, or I will take it from you." - BN
Reaction score
Field is now complete. I live 20 miles from it.

Fucking ugly as it gets.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%