2018 MLB Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Teagz said:
Damn I didn't think they'd played 163 if both teams are in the playoffs already but that's cool.
yeah it's bullshit low key since we played them 19x already lol

We'll see if the road Rockies show up with the Coors hangover

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The good news is since the game is 1pm Pacific time

I'm calling out of work lol

I save my sick days for the playoffs

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Technically not a playoff game and the dodgers have a full 40 man

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Back to back 163's would be cool, even if they aren't that meaningful.

I think the 163 the Tigers played in years ago started in the middle of the day and I missed a good chunk of it. Still saw the complete meltdown though. That was my first heartbreaking baseball loss lol

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Scioscia stepped down
He clearly still wants to manage. Said so and also said you never know if or when another opportunity will arise.

So why did he step down if hes not ready?

My other question is for @[member="GMF1991"]

Why did wright only start 1 game and only a couple innings right?

catman

Reaction score
The Twins finished the season with a 6 game winning streak, but more importantly, Joe Mauer was 1/4 with a double and 1 pitch as a catcher.  It was great seeing him in catching gear again.  He has hinted that his career is done, but no one but him is sure.  He will finish as the best catcher that the Twins have ever had, and one of the best ever in the game, offensively at least.  3 batting titles as a catcher, one with a .365 average.  1 MVP, 6 double digit homer seasons (many thought he should have had many more, including me), 3 consecutive gold gloves and 6 all star appearances.  If he is done, he will finish with a .304 average, 428 doubles and 1018 runs scored.
Is he a hall of famer?  That will be up to the writers to decide.  I, frankly, think that had he been able to catch for 15 years, putting up the offensive numbers he did, he would have been, but I don't really think he is.  He will certainly be in the hall of very good, however.
And, by the way, the Twins should be better next season than they were this year.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Mexi said:
Scioscia stepped down
He clearly still wants to manage. Said so and also said you never know if or when another opportunity will arise.

So why did he step down if hes not ready?

My other question is for @[member="GMF1991"]

Why did wright only start 1 game and only a couple innings right?
A) It was a marketing gimmick. Wright did it for the right reasons (wanted a chance to say goodbye to the fans) but the team milked it. Sold out stadium, standing room only spots going for $125 minimum. He had a pinch hit on Friday night. My guess is they wanted to limit his appearances to build anticipation for Saturday night.

B) They wanted to pull him after 2 or 3 at bats so he could spend an inning in the broadcast booth. I didn't like it either. Going up to the booth was unnecessary. But, I can see why they wanted to guarantee a walk-off-the-field moment for him, so idk. I was torn.

Loved it, I got a lil onion eyed, bit yea it was still a little weird.

And the fucking Marlins pitchers were painting the corners in each of his at bats. Groove an 80 mph fastball down the middle like what's his name did for Jeter, ya fuckin twats.

catman

Reaction score
And one more thing about Joe Mauer -- he signed his jersey and gave it to a little fan after the game.  Something that he was really good at.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Also apparently Wright goes through a crazy rehab/prep for when he has to start a game. When he had the pinch hit, I felt like he was in pain walking back to the dugout. So I can see why why wouldn't want him out in the field for 9 innings.

I cant prove it but I dont think he wasnt 100% healthy. Hell, I dont think he was 50%. Any normal player probably wouldn't have gotten the approval from team doctors to go out there in the first place.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The rays won 90 games this year, and didn't make the playoffs. that's crazy. 

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
snipezo said:
The rays won 90 games this year, and didn't make the playoffs. that's crazy. 
They finished 3rd place in their division with 90 wins and the Tigers finished 3rd place in theirs with 64 lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%