Mark Cuban Admits He's Smoked Weed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mark Cuban Admits He's Smoked Weed, Thus Justifying Josh Howard's Habit

The smoke dust from Josh Howard's postseason marijuana saga has mostly settled, though trade rumors have unsurprisingly centered around the forward. In a radio interview with Dan Patrick, a clip of which has been posted at SI.com (the top right corner), Mavericks owner Mark Cuban addresses the situation by admitting his own past usage. A cleaned-up transcript of the key passage:
Patrick: Do you care if he smokes pot?

Cuban: I'd be a hypocrite if I said 'yes' because I've inhaled, and when I inhaled I coughed a couple lungs out. And so I was never a big fan of smoking, but if I've tried it I can't look at somebody and say, 'How can you try it?' That's just terrible. [...] Again, I'd just be hypocritical if I said, 'Josh, smoking pot is just the worst thing you could possibly do.'
Cuban also said he doesn't believe Howard smoked during the season and revealed his team has had players for whom smoking pot became a performance issue. Cuban said those players were removed by trade or waiver.

It doesn't sound like Howard will face punishment from the team (a good thing, in my eyes), but you still wouldn't be surprised to see him moved due to the team's actual performance issues.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The difference is Cuban tried it, and Josh uses it probably regularly in the off season.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I applaud Cuban for backing up his players.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The difference is Cuban tried it, and Josh uses it probably regularly in the off season.
I don't get why this Howard thing is such a big issue. He does it in the off-season, not the regular season. Has it efffect his play in the regular season? Nope, so who cares. Let him smoke pot, it's not our problem.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
For Mavs fans it wasn't so much a problem of him admitting use of weed, but it was the timing. I really don't care if he smoked pot during the offseason. I mean whatever keeps our players happy during the offseason

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
With this article my recent hate of Cuban is dropping.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't get why this Howard thing is such a big issue. He does it in the off-season, not the regular season. Has it efffect his play in the regular season? Nope, so who cares. Let him smoke pot, it's not our problem.

Exactly Rip.

It was bad timing, but it wasnt like if he didnt say anything about it, they would have beaten the Hornets.

n2s

Reaction score
Damn all these mavs tokin up Iam trying to smoke a fat L with them

But I agree it was the timing of the issue that was why people were throwing Howard under the bus. At the same time Just because a player comes out and says that I doubt it effects the team anyway shape or form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%