Hello...

CoachAF

Reaction score
Some of you might know me as AstrosFanatic from other boards. I am a baseball fan first, and overall sports fanatic. I support my hometown teams, but really obsess with the Astros and casually follow the Texans/Rockets/Dynamo. I also follow the EPL rather closely, supporting Everton for the last 15 years or so. I live in the Houston area, but was born in Alabama. My family moved to Houston when I was less than a year old, so I consider myself a Texan. I am a science teacher and I coach soccer and football. 

I look forward to posting with all of you here on the board. Thanks for having me...

-AF

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
welcome, welcome. nice to have you!

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Welcome to the board, what you think about Bregman? Thought he was getting called up.

CoachAF

Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
Welcome to the board, what you think about Bregman? Thought he was getting called up.
The Bama fan in me wants to dislike him, but the Astros fan in me overrides that urge. I was excited earlier this week when it was reported he may be called up this weekend, but the Astros have squashed that. He should be up soon though, and I am hopeful that he lives up to the hype. Baseball America has him #8 in their mid-season rankings and Keith Law has him #1. The Gurriel signing has people wondering, but I think Bregman will be called up whenever he is ready and the Astros will find a place for him to play when he is ready. 

Iceman

Reaction score
Welcome! No love for the Rangers or Cowboys??

CoachAF

Reaction score
Iceman said:
Welcome! No love for the Rangers or Cowboys??

lol. I dont care about the Cowboys really since we only play them once every four years. The Cowboys fans down here can be pretty annoying though. The Rangers aren't my favorite team to say the least, but that's because they have had our number the last few years. Again, the Rangers fans I know are annoying as heck. Then again, once football picks up they stop caring about the Rangers. meh. 

Iceman

Reaction score
CoachAF said:

lol. I dont care about the Cowboys really since we only play them once every four years. The Cowboys fans down here can be pretty annoying though. The Rangers aren't my favorite team to say the least, but that's because they have had our number the last few years. Again, the Rangers fans I know are annoying as heck. Then again, once football picks up they stop caring about the Rangers. meh. 

Too funny.  If it makes you fell any better, Cowboys fans are annoying everywhere! I am a big time Cardinals fan and there are so many Cowboy fans here in Az.  Maybe there is a lot because we didn't have a team until the late 80's and the Cowboys were on national TV every year??

CoachAF

Reaction score
Iceman said:

Too funny.  If it makes you fell any better, Cowboys fans are annoying everywhere! I am a big time Cardinals fan and there are so many Cowboy fans here in Az.  Maybe there is a lot because we didn't have a team until the late 80's and the Cowboys were on national TV every year??

That's a big part of it. There have always been a fair number of Cowboys fans here just given the proximity. When we lost the Oilers in 96 or 97, I think a few people crossed over to the Cowboys, a few kept following the Oilers/Titans, and a lot of people just watched whoever was on without an affiliation. Then in 2002, the Texans came and most people started rooting with them, but there were still quite a few that stuck with the Cowboys. I dunno. Either way, they like to give Texans fans a hard time. 

Iceman

Reaction score
CoachAF said:

That's a big part of it. There have always been a fair number of Cowboys fans here just given the proximity. When we lost the Oilers in 96 or 97, I think a few people crossed over to the Cowboys, a few kept following the Oilers/Titans, and a lot of people just watched whoever was on without an affiliation. Then in 2002, the Texans came and most people started rooting with them, but there were still quite a few that stuck with the Cowboys. I dunno. Either way, they like to give Texans fans a hard time. 

The good ole David Carr days! Feel bad for him because he had no chance with that horrendous O-line.  I am a die hard Az Cardinals fan, but I caught myself rooting for the Texans when they were first formed.  Not sure why, maybe it was the colors and the logo??

I like JJ Watts and when A Johnson was there.  Both fun to watch

Shaggy

Staff member
ADMIN
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!  What other forums are you on?

CoachAF

Reaction score
Shaggy said:
Welcome to the forum!  What other forums are you on?

serious baseball talk with Mudge and RickD

Astros Baseball Talk   --- just an all Astros forum

I've been on quite a few others that have come and gone. I've probably been posting online for about 12 years now. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%