NASCAR Discussion Thread

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Here you go, lol.

I actually find more entertainment in the last 10 laps of any NASCAR race than I do any other sport. All sports have crazy, dramatic finishes but I have more interest in the last 10 laps/ending than any other sport. Some people can't sit through and watch cars go in circles for 3 to 3 1/2 hours but I definitely can as well as a lot of others. No different for me than a football game. I've just always been into NASCAR and always will be. People can trash it all they want, but there's over 100,000 fans attending each race every weekend. People don't know until they actually go to a race and see what it is actually like. NASCAR drivers are athletes and even better than some sports. What they do every weekend is amazing at 200 MPH, they have a ton of talent. People think there's nothing to it, they are completely wrong!

I'd agree with that, but it's not just the 500. It's any restrictor plate race. Those last 10 laps are amazing to watch, especially in person. I mean I've been to Saints games, Hornets games, the old New Orleans hockey team, and to Talladega. As far as the entire event, I'd probably put football and basketball over Nascar, but like you said, NOTHING beats the final 10 laps of a restrictor plate race. It's madness.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Nationwide race is about to start! Lets get a win Joey! I'd be happy with Trevor winning, too.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's here!!!!

So...who yall got?

I think the RCR cars will be very tough.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hopefully Jeff Gordon or Joey Logano....

But I believe it's Denny Hamlin...
Big wreck took a lot of good cars out, including both Jeff and Joey (I believe he atleast had a little damage?). It's just a product of the racing I guess. Sucks either way.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
This fuckin sucks. Gets wrecked out from morons racing like it's the last lap with 180 laps to go.. Dumbasses. Joey or Trevor are the only ones left..

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This fuckin sucks. Gets wrecked out from morons racing like it's the last lap with 180 laps to go.. Dumbasses. Joey or Trevor are the only ones left..
Michael Waltrip has caused two cautions already. Should he be out there?

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Trevor Bayne winning the Daytona 500 in his 2nd ever Cup race, first Sprint Cup. At 20 years old. That's crazy. Congrats, and he's only a part-time driver.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Trevor Bayne winning the Daytona 500 in his 2nd ever Cup race, first Sprint Cup. At 20 years old. That's crazy. Congrats, and he's only a part-time driver.
This was a real entertaining race, but Bayne winning it makes it that much better. I had goosebumps when Bayne won. Incredible.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Congrats Bayne. Lots of the vets are saying alot about him. Hopefully the wood brothers can find a way for him to race all year.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
This was a real entertaining race, but Bayne winning it makes it that much better. I had goosebumps when Bayne won. Incredible.
So did I. With about 30 to go, I was rooting for him. I started going crazy when the white flag came out. Bobby Labonte gave him a great push, and then when Edwards surged up, he let go, and Edwards inadvertently helped push him. That was awesome. He deserves to be more than a part-time driver.

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
last lap wasnt even that good.

i still think this 2 car shenanigans makes it less exciting. getting pushed around the track and talking with your "partners" is garbage.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
It's definitely different and increases the chances for wrecks. I think it makes it interesting if anything. Having to "partner" with someone who you would normally be wanting to take out of the race. I thought it made it more interesting since one second you would have 2 cars way up there, then if they get separated, next thing they know, there's 8 cars next to them. Seeing the 4 wides with 8 cars got some people interested. It did me.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's definitely different and increases the chances for wrecks. I think it makes it interesting if anything. Having to "partner" with someone who you would normally be wanting to take out of the race. I thought it made it more interesting since one second you would have 2 cars way up there, then if they get separated, next thing they know, there's 8 cars next to them. Seeing the 4 wides with 8 cars got some people interested. It did me.
It makes for more strategy and better racing. As you saw if you have to get out of the gas then your going to have a car fly by you, and you had to find someone you could run with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%