Commish's Power Rankings Vol. 1

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
1. Minnesota Timberwolves (37-9)

Minnesota dominated the first half of the season, but there's uncertainty in the air following Kevin Durant's torn hamstring. Without their star player for the next 28 days, the Timberwolves will rely on Danny Granger and Al Jefferson to step up and shoulder the load.

2. Toronto Raptors (30-14)

The Chris Paul and Pau Gasol combination has emerged as the best high-low combination in the league, and has the Raptors riding towards a #1 seed in the Eastern Conference. Recent acquisition Jeff Foster should help fill a hole for a team that ranks in the bottom third of the league in rebounding.

3. New Orleans Hornets (34-20)

The best defensive team in the league won the first silverware over the weekend in the inaugural All-Star Break Midseason Tournament.  Derrick Rose is the front-runner for league MVP, but is the supporting cast strong enough to help this team win the double?

4. Houston Rockets (26-17)

The trade (or should I say purchase) for Ray Allen has helped the Rockets emerge as a serious contender. While the #1 seed may be out of reach, don't be surprised if Houston is the team who comes out of the West led by Dwyane Wade.

5. Orlando Magic (28-17)

Any team led by LeBron James should contend for a championship, and this year's Orlando Magic are no exception. While he may not get the media attention, Kevin Martin is on pace to be the highest scoring teammate of LeBron's career.

6. Cleveland Cavaliers (22-25)

While this may be a controversial pick given their record, the advanced metrics believe this team is far better than their record shows. Anchored by all-star Serge Ibaka, this team's defense will put them in position to make a run if they can find more scoring. 

7. Atlanta Hawks (24-27)

Another team that is under-performing based on advanced metrics, the Hawks are 19-18 since moving Stephen Curry to PG. Given that the team initially drafted a roster with the intention of competing, we expect Atlanta to make a playoff push over the next few weeks.

8. New York Knicks (30-20)

Despite being bit by the injury bug, the Knicks have weathered the storm and look to be contenders. The Chuck Bros (trademark pending) are as potent as any duo in the league on the wing, but do they have the supporting cast to bring home a title?

9. Los Angeles Clippers (26-25)

The Clippers are the biggest surprise in the league thus far, especially following a poor start to the season. Trading away Andre Iguodala has freed George Hill and Lou Williams, and Chris Bosh is playing at an all-league clip, but can they make a push or will they fade back to the pack?

10. Phoenix Suns (26-20)

The Suns got a much needed shot in the leg after acquiring Amar'e Stoudemire, and he responded with a 55 point game earlier this week. But is Amar'e enough to cure the team's scoring problems?

11. Indiana Pacers (21-23)

While all intentions seem to be for the Pacers to build towards the future, they are keeping themselves in the playoff race now and will only increase their chances when Andrew Bynum returns from a broken skull.

12. Boston Celtics (22-27)

The Celtics are one of the few teams in the league to feature multiple all-stars, but they have yet to put it all together. 

13. Dallas Mavericks (25-23)

After a run to the finals in the All-Star Break Midseason Tournament, the Mavericks seem to have caught fire. Russell Westbrook's recent scoring outbreak following his all-star snub is the definition of #alpha.

14. Los Angeles Lakers (22-26)

James Harden and the Lakers' success was a big surprise in the first half, but a recent tumble has them at a crossroads in deciding whether to go for a playoff push or fall back into the lottery.

15. Washington Wizards (24-19)

The Wizards are the first on a list of teams that the advanced metrics believe are overachieving, but don't tell that to Tim Duncan and company following a third place finish in the All-Star Break Midseason Tournament.

16. Denver Nuggets (19-24)

This team has yet to put all the pieces together and are turning to Andre Iguodala at point. They pulled the upset of the tournament by beating the Timberwolves in round one, but lost immediately after and followed it with a 3-3 record.

17. Chicago Bulls (23-21)

Rookie/Sophomore Game MVP John Wall has put together a promising rookie campaign, but this team's fortune has been up and down all year.

18. Detroit Pistons (24-24)

Nobody is more surprised at this team's .500 record than the GM himself. Marcin Gortat has quietly been one of the best centers in the league.

19. Portland Trail Blazers (17-24)

Out of nowhere, the Trail Blazers have won 6 straight and are only 1.5 games out of a playoff spot. Do they have the offense to get over the hump?

20. Miami Heat (20-30)

The only team in the league that could trade their best player and go over the hard cap in the process.

21. San Antonio Spurs (20-27)

Under new management, the Spurs have managed to provide just enough hope for a potential playoff push while simultaneously being frustrating enough to make the GM contemplating blowing the whole thing up.

22. Oklahoma City Thunder (24-25)

The Thunder are a big overachiever in the model, and it stems from their inability to put points on the board. "All-Star" Mike Conley has been a bright spot, but may not be enough to re-center a team that is free-falling after a hot start.

23. Golden State Warriors (22-27)

While the Brandon Roy first round selection certainly put this franchise in a hole early, there's enough talent in Golden State to conceivably make a playoff push.

24. Philadelphia 76ers (26-24)

And now we get to the biggest overachiever in the league. While they have the second-worst defense in the league and a -2.7 points per game differential, give the 76ers credit for holding a playoff spot as it currently stands.

25. Sacramento Kings (17-28)

Pretty much what you'd expect from a team that starts Will Bynum at point guard.

26. New Jersey Nets (19-26)

They're off the pace this year, but Tyreke Evans and Kyle Lowry should be a fun backcourt to watch for years to come.

27. Utah Jazz (26-29)

I have no fucking idea what they're doing.

28. Memphis Grizzlies (13-28)

I'd favor the Free Agent All-Stars in a seven-game series.

29. Milwaukee Bucks (15-33)

Clearly the goal is not to win now in Milwaukee, but franchise player Ramon Sessions is giving the fans something to look forward to.

Biggest Underachievers:
1. Cleveland Cavaliers
2. Atlanta Hawks
3. Boston Celtics

Biggest Overachievers:
1. Philadelphia 76ers
2. Utah Jazz
T3. Chicago Bulls
T3. Oklahoma City Thunder

And that's how the Commish sees it. Don't hate me, hate the formula.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
ranked 27 and 2nd biggest over achiever haha nice. It doesn't make sense just like my team.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
All the rankings are numbers haha I did not pick any of them

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
nice change up instwad of going purely off records ..

chuck bros goin stick.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Whats the formula? lol I know point differential is in there somwhere because mine has tanked the last two sims. We were +3 before i went small ball.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Teagz said:
Whats the formula? lol I know point differential is in there somwhere because mine has tanked the last two sims. We were +3 before i went small ball.
A magician never reveals his secrets haha

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Clippers definitely have outperformed my expectations
Guess im just a good gm lol

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Never thought I'd ever see Franchise player and ramon sessions all mentioned in the same sentence.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I can agree with Atlanta being ahead of us.. with how theyve smacked us this year

But Cleveland? Nah.. lol

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Need more Kaman Teagz
Yeah I know haha. He'll be back in the starting lineup next sim.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
-$3

you owe me money for that remark you made

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Father Pugzo said:
-$3

you owe me money for that remark you made
I said worse about the actual grader hahaha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%