Clippers Send First Rounder To Celtics For Doc

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Los Angeles Clippers have agreed to send an unprotected first round in 2015 to the Boston Celtics for the right to hire Doc Rivers as head coach.

Rivers and the Clippers are still finalizing a contract.

The NBA will still have to approve the deal as they will have skepticism that there is no trade involving players that is dependent on this move.

The Clippers and Celtics were previously discussing a deal that involved Kevin Garnett and DeAndre Jordan.

Rivers has wanted to leave the Celtics this offseason, not having interest in remaining head coach during a rebuilding phase.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bullshit that the NBA wont let the clips trade for KG too

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I still feel weird about trading a coach 

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's part of the new CBA, which the players agreed too.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well, I'm guessing this is gonna ruin our CP-Dwight plans. But deep down I still believe the Clippers won't win a championship even with Doc Rivers as their coach

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Me either, though they'll be better. But I could really see Doc making Griffin go into his shell.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
doc will help take them to that next level and this helps blake and dj a lot. still not a championship team but they have a long time to turn into one.

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
KG is gonna go to the Clips as well, one way or another.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
maybe its just me but id rather try to get pierce.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Papa Pugz said:
doc will help take them to that next level and this helps blake and dj a lot. still not a championship team but they have a long time to turn into one.
Not sure how true this is.  There is real worry that Chris Paul's knee won't make it through that contract.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Also,

Please

That would be cool, but I really think that Boston should get into the Lionel Hollins hunt, now. Especially if Denver hires someone else.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
We don't have a sample of Shaw as a head coach, but I'm certain that Hollins would put Rondo in his place, and that's why I find him intriguing for Boston. As far as Shaw is concerned, as long as he does the same thing, and as long as the FO allows him to go through at least 1 or 2 seasons of struggle--dancing around the 6-8 seeds, at best--he could turn into the kind of coach they all think he has the potential to be.  We know how good Hollins is, but I think some team has to give Shaw a real chance. I think it'll be either Boston or Philly, to be honest.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I have a great deal of respect for current Sudbury, MA resident Shaquille O'Neal, and I even read his book, despite the fact that I NEVER read.

Shaq thinks BShaw is fantastic. He's helped form the superstars that is Shaq and Kobe, according to Shaq, and he said Shaw was great with the players and relating to them and keeping a strong relationship. Shaq has been pushing for Shaw to get a job, including the Lakers job when it was seeming like Phil would retire (but the Lakers wanted Kurt Rambis, and then they wanted Mike Brown, etc)

Brian Shaw can fix Rajon Rondo's attitude, I can guarantee that. I agree Hollins is the better coach, but due to the player relationships, helping Rondo out might make him, and therefore the team, better

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
Yeah. Boston is the team on the rebuild, which makes most sense to give Shaw a chance, IMO.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
With the Los Angeles Clippers and Boston Celtics agreeing to a deal involving Doc Rivers, the odds of Kevin Garnett being moved have decreased.

The NBA would see a separate trade involving Garnett as connected to the Rivers' deal and a violation of the collective bargaining agreement.

The Clippers and Celtics previously held talks simultaneously with Rivers and Garnett going to Los Angeles in a package for DeAndre Jordan and draft pick compensation.

Via Marc Stein/ESPN

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pretty easy to prove they are not connected.

Celtics are rebuilding, KG has a no trade clause and they're limited in their search, want to get something back for him.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
We.can probably get him if no pick is involved, which sucks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%