Kaberle Drama to Begin Again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Maple Leafs defenceman Tomas Kaberle would welcome a trade and reportedly won't return to Toronto when his contract ends next season as long as Ron Wilson is the coach, according to Kaberle's own father.

According to the Toronto Sun, Frantisek Kaberle Sr., Tomas' father, told Czech hockey magazine Hokej this week that despite the fact that his son has a no-trade clause that kicked in earlier in the week, he doesn't see his son playing for the Leafs for the entire season.

"I think that during the course of the year he will be traded to another club," Karberle said. "There is only one chance for Toronto to get something back in return for Tomas now. In my opinion, I can't see Tomas entering a new contract with Toronto. Not if Ron Wilson continues to be employed there."

For a deal to happen, the defenceman would have to tell the team which clubs he would allow a trade to. In the meantime, Kaberle's father expects his son to remain quiet on all the potential trade talk.

"I think that Tomas won't even comment on (trade possibilities) anymore.", the elder Kaberle said. "He is content in Toronto with both the club and the city.

"I still think though that some change would be welcomed."

Kaberle Sr., also weighed in on how the Maple Leafs rebuilding efforts might be hampered by the passion and expectations of 'Leafs Nation'.

"I have been following Toronto for a long time," he said. “I didn't believe it much in the beginning, but it seems that the best players don't want to go to this club.

"The reason is because of the huge pressure from the fans, and especially the media. Not every hockey player is able to deal with it."
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=331099

Burke should have pulled the trigger on the 15th.

Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score
the plus side to Tomas is that he never starts any drama, unfortunately he has a father

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I respect Kaberle, I think the media took this the wrong way making it public which must've been hard for Kaberle.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
who doesn't like his coaching?
Just what I have heard, look at old San Jose players not wanting to play for him. Apparently he doesn't treat his players equal.

Anyways this thread is to discuss Kaberle not wilson

fletch

Reaction score
Pat Quinn will always be known as the leafs best, but maurice and wilson I like a lot, imo keep wilson til his contract runs out then go from there.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I loved Pat Quinn, he was at the time the coach of the Leafs when I first started to love hockey (2002 playoffs). I remember a lot of Leafs fans were happy that Quinn was no longer our coach, I might've been but he was a great coach either way. The real problem of the Leafs was John Ferguson Jr, how did he even become our GM?

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
I loved Pat Quinn, he was at the time the coach of the Leafs when I first started to love hockey (2002 playoffs). I remember a lot of Leafs fans were happy that Quinn was no longer our coach, I might've been but he was a great coach either way. The real problem of the Leafs was John Ferguson Jr, how did he even become our GM?
I know couldn't agree more. He was offered the 2nd overall pick in the 2007 NHL Draft for Alex Steen and The 13th Pick, and declined, instead trading the pick for Vesa Toskala. SMH

Gtown81

Reaction score
u guys are classic leafs fans, usually its the goalie that u guys go after but since Gustavsson and Giguere have good records right now, u guys need a scapegoat which is Wilson, did u people not watch the Olympics, he carried USA to the gold medal game

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
u guys are classic leafs fans, usually its the goalie that u guys go after but since Gustavsson and Giguere have good records right now, u guys need a scapegoat which is Wilson, did u people not watch the Olympics, he carried USA to the gold medal game
I blame JFJ and the only thing Cliff did was bring in Schenn, but gave us crappy contracts to deal with (i.e. Jeff Finger)

BTW Miller carried USA imo

Gtown81

Reaction score
JFJ is probably the right person to blame, but I don't blame him for the Toskala trade, at the time Toskala had amazing numbers

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
JFJ is probably the right person to blame, but I don't blame him for the Toskala trade, at the time Toskala had amazing numbers
I know at the time we were going crazy over having Toskala, but now who would you rather have JVR or Toskala? Its not even close in favour of JVR,

Also thanks JFJ for one of the worst trades ever (worse then some Mike Milbury trades) of trading Rask for Raycroft. SMFH at that trade. At least we have Gustavsson now.

Gtown81

Reaction score
you can't blame him for that though, its not like he had a crystal ball to tell him the future, at the time it was smart cause we needed a goalie

the Raycroft for Rask was questionable, but its very similar to the whole Toskala case

LeafsFan4Life

Reaction score
lol Wilson didn't carry the U.S. to the gold medal game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%