2018 OFF-SEASON DISCUSSION THREAD

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The name of the game is beating the warriors. Cant do it alone. Cant even do it with 2 stars. You need 3 and above average role players

Its just the state of the league

But above all, i think you are overvaluing the spurs big time. They really arent a great team. I wouldn't blame kawhi if he really is asking for a trade

Paulius

Reaction score
No team since Bill Russell's Celtics have made the finals 5 years in a row

Beating the Warriors isn't the name of the game anymore. They're due to beat themselves

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Paulius said:
No team since Bill Russell's Celtics have made the finals 5 years in a row
Beating the Warriors isn't the name of the game anymore. They're due to beat themselves
i think so too

But i also think the spurs suck. Go look at that roster

Plus lamarcus played well this year without kawhi. What if they go back to being a bad pairing if kawhi is healthy again

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Paulius said:
Where did Kobe play for 20 years?
lol fucking stop comparing every single person to kobe in terms of "loyalty"

the spurs fucking suck. pop is retiring in two years or less, they have zero shot of making the finals, and a slim shot of even advancing through the first round with their current roster. they have the 2nd oldest roster in the nba, and their best "trade asset" is a young defensive PG that shot 26% from three this year. they literally cannot get better unless they're trading with Billy King.

why would you stay with this team for the long term? he doesn't have to sign with the fucking warriors, but his goal is to win titles and that's not happening in San Antonio. 

-----

but the real thing you're missing with all this kobe bullshit comparisons is contract length. kawhi is an unrestricted free agent in the 2019 offseason. he can leave the spurs dry, so by telling them now that he's not re-signing its actually more beneficial to the team. kobe's team had made the finals in four of the previous five seasons when he was offered a giant 7 year deal to be the face of the best team in the NBA at that time. and he demanded a trade because midway through that deal they were ass like the spurs are, but he didn't have nearly as much leverage that kawhi has. the lakers could afford to move their assets around to get players still, while the spurs cant, but if kobe's contract was expiring in 2007 you'd bet your ass he would have been traded.

nba loyalty doesn't exist. kobe asked for a trade in '06. pierce asked for a trade in '07 from boston. lebron left the cavs. the celtics shipped off isaiah thomas after he literally gave all he could to the team. the clippers traded away blake as soon as they could get could after he signed to a huge extension. players will do whats best for them and so do the teams. the only players I consider to be "loyal" are Dirk and DWade, and Wade could have easily left had the venue of South Beach not been appealing for LeBron. Like, if the Cavs had enough cap space in 2010 he might have gone to Cleveland then.

so just stop it

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
dez said:
Came outta nowhere with it too.. I won't lie Puma always been kinda fly to me.. let's ee what kinda bball shoe they can whip up..

But to sign 2 of the top 5 is huge
i got the alert on my phone like damn. jay z is running that division too.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think it's on Monday.

The fucking draft is gonna happen before the award presentations.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Thats so ridiculous haha. Is the draft a week early this year? I always thought it was the last Thursday in June

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Thats so ridiculous haha. Is the draft a week early this year? I always thought it was the last Thursday in June
its always around my bday. its early. i used to make it the day i celebrate lol

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They should have spaced it out more. Have the awards first. The Draft will still have hype on monday, especially if trades happen.

Paulius

Reaction score
@bosox

Loyalty doesnt exist? Russ aint loyal?

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They should just throw the awards between the season and the Playoffs. Nobody cares after the Finals, especially not after the draft.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Loyalty does exist but its super rare. Some players are loyal but the NBA team isn't. Some its vice versa.

I'd say Russ and Dame are the most loyal guys in the league now.

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
loyal to his bank account

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
buzzy said:
They should just throw the awards between the season and the Playoffs. Nobody cares after the Finals, especially not after the draft.
There was no reason to add this stupid show to announce it haha. This isn't the fucking Grammy's

Paulius

Reaction score
Its not even really about loyalty with Kawhi tho

Its about him being a beta and wanting to be lebrons second fiddle

Thats the sad part

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Paulius said:
Its not even really about loyalty with Kawhi tho

Its about him being a beta and wanting to be lebrons second fiddle

Thats the sad part
It's not though. Isn't he from LA? I'm sure he'd want to go there whether LeBron is there or not

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah I don't think Kawhi is necessarily looking at wherever Lebron goes to follow. Sounds like he wants LA (Lakers or Clippers) and NY. LeBron isn't rumored for Clippers or New York at all. 

I also don't really blame Kawhi, the whole situation last season with his injury and people blaming each other. That wouldn't sit well with me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%