So much for a fringe nba player holding a grudge

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Knicks sign Trier to a two year deal

So much for a fringe nba player holding a grudge
He should have held a grudge IMO. The knicks waited until the very last second to sign him to a real deal. And they supposedly said they would draft him. But good for him for being the bigger man. I'm glad he finally got a real contract.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
DJT said:
He should have held a grudge IMO. The knicks waited until the very last second to sign him to a real deal. And they supposedly said they would draft him. But good for him for being the bigger man. I'm glad he finally got a real contract.
This is so fucking illogical haha

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
This is so fucking illogical haha
How is that illogical?? Loads of guys get pissed for a team not "valuing" them how they think they should be valued. 

There's even more examples of a guy who gets pissed that teams passed on them in the draft. 

That is logic. He could have possibly scored a bigger deal in the offseason than the contract he got too. 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
DJT said:
How is that illogical?? Loads of guys get pissed for a team not "valuing" them how they think they should be valued. 

There's even more examples of a guy who gets pissed that teams passed on them in the draft. 

That is logic. He could have possibly scored a bigger deal in the offseason than the contract he got too. 
He was an undrafted free agent coming out of college. By that logic, he should be pissed at every single team for passing on him. The Knicks gave him a chance (among other teams perhaps), and he chose to go there. If he was holding a grudge for them not drafting him, why would he have signed there in the first place?

Teams wait until the deadline to make deals official all the time. What if he blew his knee out right after they guaranteed the contract when they could have waited? This league is a business. 

And even then, he's averaging 12 points per game on one of the worst teams in the league. He's not good, and he had no leverage in a situation like this. Hence why he happily signed on the dotted line when he was offered any sort of a guaranteed contract.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
He was an undrafted free agent coming out of college. By that logic, he should be pissed at every single team for passing on him. The Knicks gave him a chance (among other teams perhaps), and he chose to go there. If he was holding a grudge for them not drafting him, why would he have signed there in the first place?

Teams wait until the deadline to make deals official all the time. What if he blew his knee out right after they guaranteed the contract when they could have waited? This league is a business. 

And even then, he's averaging 12 points per game on one of the worst teams in the league. He's not good, and he had no leverage in a situation like this. Hence why he happily signed on the dotted line when he was offered any sort of a guaranteed contract.
He was undrafted because the Knicks said he was their guy but then he wasn't.

And good point about why would he choose to go there, but they could have been the only team to offer him the 2-way, or he could have looked at their roster and been like oh I can get minutes there. 

And people get signed to deals all the time and have injuries. He could have been cut if he had a injury even with a contract. Teams do that all the time.

Again i'm not saying he should have thought this way, and its obvious that he didn't which you point out. But I think it would have been justifiable if he did.

Paulius

Reaction score
Some vegas odd maker said warriors woulda been a 12.5 favorite against the 01 lakers

Thats some straight bullshit

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
DJT said:
He was undrafted because the Knicks said he was their guy but then he wasn't.

And good point about why would he choose to go there, but they could have been the only team to offer him the 2-way, or he could have looked at their roster and been like oh I can get minutes there. 

And people get signed to deals all the time and have injuries. He could have been cut if he had a injury even with a contract. Teams do that all the time.

Again i'm not saying he should have thought this way, and its obvious that he didn't which you point out. But I think it would have been justifiable if he did.
What about the other 29 teams? It's not like he told them, "don't bother drafting me, the Knicks already told me they'd pick me."

Paulius

Reaction score
These kids trying to feed their families

This isnt the time to be petty when it comes to your first ever decent sized bag

Just take it and run, no reason to play games

Buy your mom a house

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
What about the other 29 teams? It's not like he told them, "don't bother drafting me, the Knicks already told me they'd pick me."
Well he wasn't a great prospect. There may have been not many other teams looking at him. Who knows.

But any ways, i'm happy he got his guaranteed deal. 

Paulius

Reaction score
He was a projected first round pick

Didnt get drafted because he failed 3 drug tests in college

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Paulius said:

He wasn't projected that high even before that, but those certainly didn't help.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Paulius said:

Ehhhh i'm not sure thats why he didn't get drafted. I think teams probably saw him as an inefficient chucker who does little else.

Paulius

Reaction score
I mean we can speculate all day but when you have a draft pick and have to make the right pick, im sure a lot of teams shied away from someone who has failed a drug test 3 times for something that is banned in the nba

Why take a chance on someone whose been caught 3 times. Not once, but 3 times

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Had to get his body right so he could play in the NBA one day I guess haha.

I wonder who has the most failed drug tests that got drafted. 

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Paulius said:
Some vegas odd maker said warriors woulda been a 12.5 favorite against the 01 lakers

Thats some straight bullshit
theyd smoke the Lakers dude

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Who is the fattest NBA player?
Other than Dudley

I know jokic and doncic have baby fat lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%