Euro 2012 Discussion

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Nice shot by Pirlo to go up 1-0 against Croatia.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And another game slips out of reach.

BlueNation

Reaction score
In a way I think Italy is in a perfectly fine position. I will be VERY surprised if there isn't a result from the Spain-Croatia game.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Agreed but they'll find a way to draw or lose to Ireland. I just have a bad feeling. I blame my hatred for Trapattoni; sports gods are rarely in my favor when it comes to personal feelings haha

Mooche

Reaction score
Italy has really nobody to blame except themselves. Being a fan, you find out quickly, they love to make everything about as interesting as it can get.

The Spain match was a game where I was super impressed with the team. We were really dominating in the first half, and with emergence of Torres in the 2nd, Spain began to take over the chances later in the match. I was very content with taking a draw to the Spanish.

The Croatia game was a match we needed to win, and we should have. Prandelli made a critical error in taking off Super Mario. He was having a superb outing, and if anything looked much more lively than Cassano up front putting pressure on their defense. With the addition of Di Natale and Giovinco up high, we had such a small front that was just getting physically dominated by their defense. Top that with the fact we were STILL trying to play an aerial attack game against them, it made for a pretty disappointing result.

I except Italy to basically pound Ireland. They have their backs against the wall, and they will perform, but leaving it in the hands of Spain and Croatia is such a piss off. Brings back horrible memories of 2004.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Please don't mention 2004...

The probably wasn't taking out Balotelli but, rather, when he took out Balotelli. Cassano is fantastic but, coming off major heart surgery and missing most of the year, he's still about a step off. You need him out there because he's a threat but at the hour mark he needs to be taken off.

Giaccherini had his inexperience exposed in the Croatia game as well. With Spain, the game is mostly towards the middle so he doesn't have to do much defending down the wings and it also opens him up to offensive runs. I'd like to see Balzaretti replace him and go into a more traditional 4-4-1-1 or even a 4-3-1-2 with Cassano (Giovinco/Di Natale as substitute) playing second striker.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Spain needs to sack up and score a goal for us.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And Balotelli seals the win for Italy!
Fucking awesome. And Italy moves on. Beautiful.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We actually didn't need Spain to score. If they remained tied at 0-0, we would have won the group. Either way, they did it.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We actually didn't need Spain to score. If they remained tied at 0-0, we would have won the group. Either way, they did it.
See that was what confused me. I seen that on ESPN, but I was told we needed Spain to win, or Croatia to win. Either way glad we advanced. Why would that have had us win the group though? The Euro scoring system confuses me lol.

EDIT: Nevermind, found it. That is some confusing stuff lol. Well not confusing, just a lot of scenarios that could have played out.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Germany Greece on Friday. Should be easy for the Germans.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Germany is dominating! This is sad for Greece. I'm surprised Reus and Schurrle are doing so well in place of Podolski and Muller. Schurrle should have a couple goals for sure. And that first goal that got called off, the angle I saw did not look like it was offside. Oh well. I'm pumped.

It's funny, my background is German, and some German exchange students told me my last name actually means "football (soccer) player". Thought that was cool ahaha.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Shit. Greece didn't deserve that goal after getting dominated for 45+ mins.

TTN2810

Reaction score
REUS! This is more like it. This is what the first half should have been.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%