Sports Article writers?

Shaggy

Staff member
ADMIN
Reaction score
I'm throwing this out there.  We maybe starting an article side of SI and wanted to know if there are anyone on here that would be interested in becoming an writer for SI?  PM me or post here if you have questions or are interested.

Thanks

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I would be willing to write something on occasion 

Shaggy

Staff member
ADMIN
Reaction score
What teams would you like to write on?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I can write about anything that isn't hockey or soccer, but until I finish this semester of school and find a job, my time will be limited.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i just got a new job that i start on monday. ive always worked an easy 7-3 for 40 hours and now ill be pulling a lot of ot on afternoons but ill be willing to write something on my free time.

detroit sports, mma, or anything really. like cheato said, i couldnt do hockey or soccer.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I am 100% down to write or edit.

I could do most NY teams except for the Rangers and Islanders, I don't follow hockey enough.

Steez

Reaction score
Do you want professional/journalist style articles or satire/comedy content?

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd write on occasion as well on the NBA

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
steezo said:
I think both would be the way to go

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I could write about college basketball and the draft if needed but free time is hard to come by at the moment

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
I will contribute in any way possible. Obviously, spring planting and fall harvest really put hindrances on my time, but I'd absolute love to be a part of this.

Vikings, Rockets, Wolves, some Twins, North Dakota State, dirt track racing, etc. I've also written 8-10 satire pieces that I've posted on this site. Some where good. Some were shit. It's fun to do, though.

I will insist again that we establish this thing as a group of writers who work together and help edit. Perhaps have a place we submit things to so we can all help each other touch things up before posting. Group Google Drive account or Dropbox, or something.

Shaggy

Staff member
ADMIN
Reaction score
steezo said:

It can be written in your own way, but somewhat serious.  Make it look like the sports articles that are out there now, with a main image of what you are writing about and another one throw in somewhere.  Usually only need one main image and the rest can be the article.

What would be an example of a satire article?

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Shaggy said:
What would be an example of a satire article?

With mounting leg injuries destroying Derrick Rose's career, the point guard has begun a campaign to try and convince the NBA to allow experimental technology known as "Peeta" legs, based on the popular character depicted in Suzanne Collins' Hunger Games trilogy. 

The process involved is surgical amputation of the leg just above the knee joint, upon which the mechanical legs would be attached, allowing a brand new knee and ankle joint that can be damaged but could essentially be repaired overnight, contrary to Rose's usual "next gray hair in Pau's beard" timetable. 

The one time superstar understands that severe adjustments would need to be made to the "Peeta" legs that would replace both of his current, injury riddled lower limbs. "I can't use them if they allow me to do more than a fully functional human leg could possibly do. I can't be covering the distance of the court at Flash speed, you know," said Rose

The manufacturing company is currently at work adjusting the legs to Rose's criteria, and other NBA players, some former and current, are in line for the same product. Names such as Brandon Roy, Greg Oden, Danny Granger, and Tracy McGrady have already surfaced as players interested in getting their Hunger Games on.

Paul George has also expressed interest, but his representatives are actively trying to tell George that there's no guarantee he'd meet Jennifer Lawrence just because of the "Peeta" legs.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Eh there's a difference between a satire article and just flat out writing something that didn't happen to try and be funny. I'm guessing they don't want false stories on the website, but they're probably fine with going a little outside the box.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Yeah I think what steezo was suggesting is if he sees something funny during a game, can he go on to the blog and publish a short piece that pokes fun at the player(s).

Donkey

Members
Reaction score
I can write about NBA, NFL, MLB and/or college hockey.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%