bosox+TiTAN Mock

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score

This is what happens when we do mocks real late lol. We forgot about Evans haha (We originally had Benjamin to SF, but I just snuck in Evans)

Trades are listed with the new team name in blue.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Can't believe we forgot Evans haha. He was discussed for so many other teams I think we subconsciously thought he went already.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Oakland isn't going to have to move up to get Manziel

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
elcheato said:
Yes they do

They want a QB with a deep ball. That's Manziel; Bridgewater & Bortles don't have great deep accuracy & power like Manziel. If they feel he might not be available at #5, they move up.

You have to stop thinking in the mindset that teams are fine with settling for other players. I don't think Oakland likes Bortles much, so if they don't trade up, and then either Atlanta/Tampa/Minny moves to #2 they are screwed. They want Manziel, so they gotta trade up to ensure that

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't think the Saints select an ILB. Most of the talk I've heard from Saints "insiders" like Larry Holder and Mike Detillier believe the Saints are more likely to select a WR (Beckham, Cooks) or CB (Roberson, Verrett, Roby). Or maybe a value pick at OLB, DE, etc.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
We felt CJ's value was too good to pass on, and he can play OLB too

He's a great cover guy who can rush at times, and then you just shift him in at ILB when adding a sub rusher

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's funny, I'm not disagreeing with you about the value thing, but I keep hearing how "Mosley is a great value late in the first" yadda yadda yadda, but every mock has him going late first it seems lol.

Just the way I look at it, we already have three solid ILB's in Curtis Lofton, David Hawthorne, and Ramon Humber. Kevin Reddick looks really good down the line as well. OLB looks a little thin, but we have Junior Galette, and Victor Butler will make his return, as well as the likely return of Parys Haralson. We also have a rookie out of Tarleton State that the team thought enough of to put on the active roster to keep him off the practice squad. They do reportedly really like Kyle Van Noy though.

Bengals1Fan

Reaction score
Wow. A lot of Corners and Safety's went off the board before the Bengals pick. Idk if it'll get that crazy. If it does, I'd almost rather the Bengals get a CB later and grab Evans there(; haha

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Yes they do

They want a QB with a deep ball. That's Manziel; Bridgewater & Bortles don't have great deep accuracy & power like Manziel. If they feel he might not be available at #5, they move up.

You have to stop thinking in the mindset that teams are fine with settling for other players. I don't think Oakland likes Bortles much, so if they don't trade up, and then either Atlanta/Tampa/Minny moves to #2 they are screwed. They want Manziel, so they gotta trade up to ensure that
I don't think the Jaguars or Browns are a threat to take Manziel, that's why I said it. Has nothing to do with settling.

Steez

Reaction score
Khalil Mack bout to put UB on the map.

Mobruler

Wolves
Reaction score
Unlike past seasons, I don't really care what position the Lions target in the first round unless it isn't defensive tackle, guard or a line backer who specializes in the playing in the middle.  I'd say they are likely to draft WR, CB, S or TE if they are in love with Ebron.

I have a feeling they are wanting to give offensive-minded Jim Caldwell a toy to begin his coaching tenure and will cry if Watkins, Evans and Ebron are gone before 10.  Which brings me to my next points, I think Evans going 30 in this mock is crazy.

The ONE thing that will piss me off is what this mock has the Lions doing at 10.  Drafting Justin Gilbert over Darqueze Dennard.  I would feel like they got drunk off of a 40 time, something shitty teams like the Lions and Raiders love to do.  I think Dennard is a beast, very smart and physical, and the best CB of the draft.  I'm a Michigan State fan though, so take it for what it's worth.

Bengals1Fan

Reaction score
I'm not sold on Dennard. What I saw in looking through his film was that he's fairly slow and more of a physical corner. Which is fine, but he could get burnt easily by a quicker reciever. I personally like Gilbert better in the fact that he's a little taller and quicker. Because physicality is something that isn't vital to success, while speed/heighth are in todays league. 

Mobruler

Wolves
Reaction score
Bengals1fan said:
I'm not sold on Dennard. What I saw in looking through his film was that he's fairly slow and more of a physical corner. Which is fine, but he could get burnt easily by a quicker reciever. I personally like Gilbert better in the fact that he's a little taller and quicker. Because physicality is something that isn't vital to success, while speed/heighth are in todays league. 

I don't know what philosophy Oklahoma State played on defense, but Michigan State played quarters on pretty much every down.  Dennard got much less safety help than a corner usually would because the safeties were strictly assigned to their own specific portions of the field.  Even with Dennard playing 1 vs. 1 much more than a corner usually would, he was still arguably the best corner in the country.

In my mind, this would make a corner much more attractive than a little bit of size or a 40 time would.

TTN2810

Reaction score
elcheato said:
Why don't you think Cleveland or Jacksonville is a threat? Everything is smokescreen in terms of who is interested in who and hwo looks good/bad etc. Anyone could take Manziel or trade up and Oakland just makes sure they get him. They can't afford to not get their QB this year.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
There's a lot left to be desired with Manziel. I think he's going to fall further than expected. Wouldn't even be surprised to see the Raiders pass him at #5.

TTN2810

Reaction score
elcheato said:
There's a lot left to be desired with Manziel. I think he's going to fall further than expected. Wouldn't even be surprised to see the Raiders pass him at #5.
There's a lot left to be desired with Bortles, Teddy, Manziel AND Carr. They all have some huge flaws.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Flaws are easier to justify and work with when you have ideal size. With Manziel there are questions on his arm strength, pocket presence, play style, footwork, tendency to throw off balance, etc.., to go with his size. It's not a good look. Can't look at him like a Drew Brees or Russell Wilson considering they're pure passers, and are the outliers, not the rule.

Could he slip in there somewhere? Sure, but I think his stock is going to fall.

TTN2810

Reaction score
That's ridiculous. Flaws are flaws regardless of size. I'd be much more worried about Bridgewater's weight (188 was his playing weight at the end of the year) than Manziel's height. And there are not any issues with pocket presence. Yes he leaves early when he doesn't need to sometimes, but when he does stay in there, he is great at moving and avoiding rushers and resetting his feet. He just needs to do it more. Tendency to throw off balance? He's known for being great at that when on the move. When he isn't on the move he's definitely a lot more consistent at throwing from a balanced base than both Carr and Bortles. Most of these negatives you are listing for Manziel, Bortles and Carr are way worse at. As for Brees and Wilson: he is not them, yes. But I'm not comparing him to them. But, if they can see in the pocket, he can too. Hell Vick is 6'0 and he has no issues with seeing either. Manziel, like Brees and Wilson has shown the ability to subtly move in the pocket and find throwing lanes. He's a far more natural passer than Bortles for sure, and arguably than Carr too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%